+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod Touch 4G 5.1.1 SHSH Blob

is a discussion within the

iPod Touch Jailbreak / Upgrade / Downgrade / Restore

forums, a part of the

iPod Touch

section;
EE67382378TW I've purchased an iPod Touch 4G (5.1.1), replacing it with a much older device running 3.1.2. The first thing I did was jailbreak it with Redsn0w, no problem there.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPod Touch 4G 5.1.1 SHSH Blob
    EE67382378TW

I've purchased an iPod Touch 4G (5.1.1), replacing it with a much older device running 3.1.2.

The first thing I did was jailbreak it with Redsn0w, no problem there. The iOS 6.0 notification was annoying and kinda dangerous so the second thing was download softwareupdatekiller. No problem.

Then I did a restore from a backup via iTune to get my pictures, notes iTune applications back. Went okay too.

Then I tried restoring Cydia stuff using OpenBackup, AppBackup and iBye. This was largely unsuccessful.

I wasn't too sure what those application changed, and figured that since I am going to be reinstalling all my things fresh, I may as well do it from a "fresh install".

Loaded up iTune, hit restore and I was was shown a T&C screen about 5.1.1 software. I okayed (possibly where I messed up) that and it started downloading. Just in case, I decided to Google whether a restore will result in a forced update and found out that it does. I quickly cancelled (at that point, iTune was still about 25% "downloading").

Device still intact. It's still on 5.1.1 and it's still jailbroken. Nothing appears broken.

I find that I need this SHSH Blob thingy if I ever need to downgrade. Downloaded tinyumbrella and saved and it says:

iPod 4G 6.0gm [etc.]

Underneath that it properly identifies the Device Model, Installed Firmware (5.1.1) and so on.

Still, I am taking that the 6.0gm means iOS6.0. Which is kinda confusing as why would I have a 6.0gm SHSH if my device is 5.1.1?

Cydia is telling me that "This device is pending TSS queue".

For now I've resigned the idea of restoring my spanking new device. It just seems too risky until there is an untethered 6.0 jailbreak.

But is it really impossible to do a factory reset without updating iTune/downloading stuff? I am not even trying to downgrade iOS here, merely get a clean start?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

maybe we can all help and sign a petition? : http://www.thepetitionsite.com/748/1...rade-to-ios-5/

I personally want to be able to downgrade to any ios version so i can sync with my PPC g4 powerbook.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

also unfortunately, no but you could save all your hashes and redsnow is supposed to be able to downgrade you after an upgrade...... i do not know however if it will keep everything installed, i mean itunes does when you upgrade. so maybe if you have the blobs, you can do a full restore then use redsnow to downgrade? i didn't save my blobs so i can't test it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dehp3000 View Post
    also unfortunately, no but you could save all your hashes and redsnow is supposed to be able to downgrade you after an upgrade...... i do not know however if it will keep everything installed, i mean itunes does when you upgrade. so maybe if you have the blobs, you can do a full restore then use redsnow to downgrade? i didn't save my blobs so i can't test it.
    Don't worry With the newest version of redsn0w, it will download the SHSH blobs from the internet. Look it up.