Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
iPod Touch Jailbreak / Upgrade / Downgrade / Restoreforums, a part of the
Long story short, I'm selling my iPod touch 3rd gen to a friend since I upgraded to an iPod touch 5. It's so dreadfully slow since it hasn't been refreshed...
10-12-2012, 11:08 PM #1
Need to Restore 5.0.1 (currently on 5.0.1) & Re-Jailbreak
Long story short, I'm selling my iPod touch 3rd gen to a friend since I upgraded to an iPod touch 5.
It's so dreadfully slow since it hasn't been refreshed since a solid year, two ago. Plus he doesn't need all the fancy jailbreak stuff I installed.
Rather than going through the painful process of uninstall I want to:
-Restore to 5.0.1 (Don't care about updates) [I'm on 5.0.1 right now] (I can save SHSH blobs, if needed)
-Still untether jailbreak
Like I said, getting SHSH blobs shouldn't be an issue since I'm still on 5.0.1?
When I go to Cydia, I see up top in green:
SHSH: iOS 4.1, 5.0.1, 5.1, 5.1.1
If I can get him 5.1.1, that'd be sweet, if not, no big.
Anyone have any tutorials?
10-12-2012, 11:13 PM #2
This should help ya.
1. Download stock iOS 5.1.1 IPSW.
2. Download redsn0w 0.9.14b2
3. Run redsn0w as administrator in windows.
4. Click Extras button.
5. Click SHSH blobs button.
6. Click Query button to see what blobs Cydia has for device.
7. If Cydia has required blobs, Click Stitch button.
8. Click IPSW button-browse for downloaded 5.1.1 IPSW file.
9. Click Blobs-Cydia button to stitch remote Cydia stored blobs to IPSW.(or could do local if you have
10. Let Process and finish. It will take a few minutes.
11. Click Back button-Click Pwned DFU to put in pwned DFU mode-follow onscreen instructions.
12. Once in pwned DFU mode, close redsn0w, launch iTunes.
13. iTunes will see device in "recovery" mode. Click Check button.
14. Hold down Shift key, click Restore button. Browse to that stitched IPSW file
you created.Select it.
15.Wait for restore to finish as normal. JB as normal(or not)...Enjoy!
The Following User Says Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:
10-12-2012, 11:20 PM #3
Perfect, just what I'm looking for.
Will do now and report back.
It's telling me to plug in my ECID in, so I use ECID Grabber v1 to do so..
It returns with up to 4.3.1 that it has recorded SHSHs for..
Should I 'fetch' them, since Cydia has greenlighted 5.1.1?
Nevermind, fetched the right ECID, queried, stitched to 5.1.1, and absinthe'd.
Then I remembered iTunes offered a clean restore to 5.1.1, and I just saw 5.1.1 is jailbreakable as is..oh well
Last edited by rawfuls; 10-12-2012 at 11:55 PM.
10-13-2012, 05:56 AM #4
So all is good now?
10-13-2012, 02:37 PM #5
Sure is, time to load it back up.
10-13-2012, 02:51 PM #6
That's good let us know if ya need anything else