Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod 4g Blank Screen. Dont know how to fix

I didnt realize there were ipsw's on this site, just found it today.

But there is good news, the iPod is updating to 5.x (cant remember what is said) on another machine. I guess I should have tried that much eariler >.< . I'll be back with an update once its done updating.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

That's a good thing. Hopefully you won't error out.

Bad news. It gave me the same error. It says it extracts the software then when it verifies with apple it gives the error. Not sure if this means anything but the screen went white when I tried to put it into recovery one time. Other than that the screen stays off

Thanks

Well, I'd assume this is bc of restoring to iOS 5 without SHSHs. Try again with iOS 6 on the other machine.

Just to confirm, I want to put it to iOS 6 , even if my iPod was not at iOS 6 to begin?

Thanks

Yes. That's the only firmware version Apple is signing, meaning that's the only fw version you can use without getting error 3194 (assuming you don't have SHSHs saved).

I tried 6.0 on the other machine and it works until it gets to "Preparing iPod for Restore" and it stays there. The ipod screen turns on and the apple shows up with a load bar underneath but it doesnt budge.

EDIT I tried again and the iPod is doing the same thing but iTunes says "waiting for iPod"
    Last edited by soomz; 10-04-2012 at 01:16 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12