Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apps keep crashing on jailbroken iPod touch

Default Apps keep crashing on jailbroken iPod touch
    Hello,

I am new to the forum and have been a jailbreaker for a while and know how to do things but there is something i need help with. A bunch of my apps on my iPod that I got form the app store keep crashing on me and they crash differently. For example some apps will crash to home shortly after opening them and others I can open them to the main menu, angry birds is one of them, and then when i click play, the game instantly crashes. It never happened before when my device was non jailbroken. Is there an easy way to fix ths without having to restore my iPod because i already had to do that once and i really don't want to do it again. Can anyone help?

P.S. Yes, I have tried respringing and rebooting my device and it did not work.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Deleting the app and reinstalling it?
    What other repos ya have on cydia?

Did ya install a tweak recently that just started to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Deleting the app and reinstalling it?
    What other repos ya have on cydia?

Did ya install a tweak recently that just started to happen?
    No, I haven't reinstalled the apps, but i dont want to because I'll lose my game data. Is there a way to find the save data file using iFile and copy that somewhere else then use that to restore my save?

I have several repos and i don't remember what i have.

No, it didn't just happen recently. It started after i jailbroke my device.

Thanks

You have third party repos I would recommend delete them and maybe that will fix the issue

You have third party repos I would recommend delete them and maybe that will fix the issue
    Ok. I'll try that and see what happenes but how would that affect apps from that app store and also back to my original question, where can i find an app's save data in iFile so i can back up that file and delete the app and then readd that file to the app's folder to retain my game data.

Thanks

Not sure about the save data file may google that and be able to find it.
    If ya have 3rd party apps on ya phone it will mess up your phone.

Not sure about the save data file may google that and be able to find it.
    If ya have 3rd party apps on ya phone it will mess up your phone.
    Ok i will try these things and see what happenes.

P.S. I said i have an iPod, not an iPhone.

Thanks

Ok lemme know what happens

Ok lemme know what happens
    I removed a couple repos i didn't need and i uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it still crashes What should i do?

Thanks

What repos were they?

What repos were they?
    They were two little known repos that i no longer needed.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, I had a similar problem this weekend, SBSettings showed I was running out of memory, I think that Apps were not being forced to release their ram to make room for running new Apps. Anyway I thought it might have been one of the iOS6 updates out on Cydia last week, But found that uninstalling Firewall IP seems to have fixed the issue. I only bought it while it was on sale last weekend.
    Here is a list of the other updates I have received this week
    Activator
    Libstatusbar
    Applist
    Preference loader
    DisplayRecorder
    Torch
    In case you have any of these too.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Dave View Post
    Hi, I had a similar problem this weekend, SBSettings showed I was running out of memory, I think that Apps were not being forced to release their ram to make room for running new Apps. Anyway I thought it might have been one of the iOS6 updates out on Cydia last week, But found that uninstalling Firewall IP seems to have fixed the issue. I only bought it while it was on sale last weekend.
    Activator
    Libstatusbar
    Applist
    Preference loader
    DisplayRecorder
    Torch
    I finally fixed it! It turns out that it was a tweak that was causing it to crash. ok this topic can be closed now.

Thanks

What tweak was it if ya don't mind me asking?

Default Left hanging?
    What was the tweak you deleted? I am having the same problem and would
    really like to stop the crashes....HELP!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Dave View Post
    Activator
    Libstatusbar
    Applist
    Preference loader
    DisplayRecorder
    Torch
    Update, Firewall IP was not the problem, it was StartDial conflicting with some other tweak of mine.

Could it be a memory issue?? My apps (mostly games) would crash not even start at times alot. Realized my memory was lower than average so I uninstalled mobile substrates I didn't use and removed some launch daemons (super cleaner tweak) and my memory went up about 50%. Haven't had a crash issue since..

P.S. My memory now with ALL apps closed and a free up memory with SB is about 135 which from what I've read is still a bit low
    Last edited by Gwap1tx; 11-14-2012 at 11:38 PM.

What tweak was it if ya don't mind me asking?
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce7002 View Post
    What was the tweak you deleted? I am having the same problem and would
    really like to stop the crashes....HELP!
    I dno't know if I'm allowed to say what tweak it is here on the forums, so I'm just not going to say what it was, but I didn't delete it, I just turned it off and the apps started working.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwap1tx View Post
    Could it be a memory issue?? My apps (mostly games) would crash not even start at times alot. Realized my memory was lower than average so I uninstalled mobile substrates I didn't use and removed some launch daemons (super cleaner tweak) and my memory went up about 50%. Haven't had a crash issue since..

P.S. My memory now with ALL apps closed and a free up memory with SB is about 135 which from what I've read is still a bit low
    No, it wasn't that. If you were reading, you would have saw that my issue was already solved. A moderator can go ahead and close this topic now since I have fixed the issue.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buckysam View Post
    I dno't know if I'm allowed to say what tweak it is here on the forums, so I'm just not going to say what it was, but I didn't delete it, I just turned it off and the apps started working.

No, it wasn't that. If you were reading, you would have saw that my issue was already solved. A moderator can go ahead and close this topic now since I have fixed the issue.
    Well that's ya case piracy tweaks and repos will destroy ya phone. Support ya devs and pay for the stuff. And also Mmi doesn't support that here. Against the rules.

Well that's ya case piracy tweaks and repos will destroy ya phone. Support ya devs and pay for the stuff. And also Mmi doesn't support that here. Against the rules.
    That's why I said I'm not going to say what it was, but it wasn't a tweak or app that was pirated. It's just a tweak. And it didn't destroy it. And its an ipod not an iphone.