Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrading to iOS 6. HELP !!

Angry Upgrading to iOS 6. HELP !!
    currently on 4th gen ipod 5.0.1..
    jailbroken..
    i cant upgrade to os6 ! im on the latest itunes.. tried tts server with tinyumbrella.. tried upgrading from ipod itself ( ended up giving me an error ).. tried erasing all data from ipod itself but it ended up loading till forever.. i've been at this for a day now.. im sick of it and out of ideas.. help !

more information : i 1st had error 3194... fixed it then i had error 1600.. fixed that and now its error 11..
    anything related to cydia i dont remember... i dont mess around with internal files that much i only install themes tweaks and the usual stuff.. i hope i didnt screw up the files inside too...

SAVE ME !!!

Thread moved

please post in the ipod section located here:
    iPod Touch Jailbreak / Upgrade / Downgrade / Restore

This section is for iphone related issues..

secondly, check your hosts file to make sure its NOT pointing to the "gs.apple.com" server

how do i do that?

go to:

C drive -> System 32 -> drivers -> etc and open notepad as an administrator by right-clicking notepad, and click Run As Administrator

then open the HOSTS file and see if there is a line with the entry "74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com" if there is delete it and restore again

Default Thank you
    I made an account just to thank you. I've spent hours on end trying to restore my iPhone 5 (editing hosts files, TinyUmbrella). My iPhone got stuck in a weird boot loop when i accidentally removed Winterboard from Cydia (Bother's iPhone 5 did the same thing). So yes Thanks