+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Terribly Frustrating (and hard to figure out) problem with my iPod 4th gen

is a discussion within the

iPod Touch Jailbreak / Upgrade / Downgrade / Restore

forums, a part of the

iPod Touch

section;
So, first off, this is similar to Guppster's problem, wherein I'm stuck in a bootloop, at the Apple logo there is a repeating loop in the middle, which freezes within
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So, first off, this is similar to Guppster's problem, wherein I'm stuck in a bootloop, at the Apple logo there is a repeating loop in the middle, which freezes within about 30 seconds.

After that point, I can no longer access my device (well... not at all from the iPod itself). I can currently use iExplorer to browse my filesystem, and I've deleted the 2 most recent cydia installs, as well as tried to force the safemode with both the additional file approach, and while holding the volume up key during boot. I've tried that one many times, to no avail.

What else can I do? I've attempted to scour the web for more helpful solutions, but it seems like there may be an even easier option that would be right in front of my nose, if I understood more about iOS and jailbreaking.

If anyone can help me out here, I'd really appreciate it, as my iPod has been out of action for a few months now, I'd rather not try a restore, as it hasn't been backed up in a while, and I have many unique files on there that I don't want to **** with.

FYI it is an iPod Touch 4th gen, running 4.2.1 untethered JB. I cannot get it into safe mode, and would like it very much if I could avoid losing all my files on it.

Thanks for any help you can provide, if any guys.

(To make it more vexing... I can play music off of it, but I CANNOT boot into iOS whatsoever, any help would be greatly appreciated =)

Also: I can list all my JB apps here if that would help you guys figure this out :/.
    Last edited by Wozjobs; 09-21-2012 at 11:27 PM.

EVO
    Thanks

Thread moved

Please post in the appropriate section next time by looking at the section header before posting your issue to make sure it fits in the right category.

Anyways, how can you play your music if the phone does not pass the boot up process and boot normally to the springboard?

unless I'm misunderstanding what you are saying

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    Thread moved

Please post in the appropriate section next time by looking at the section header before posting your issue to make sure it fits in the right category.

Anyways, how can you play your music if the phone does not pass the boot up process and boot normally to the springboard?

unless I'm misunderstanding what you are saying
    Well, I think I mentioned how I can connect it via iExplorer... I can play the music on my computer, I can't boot the device. So I'd really appreciate any help you guys could offer, it's vexed me for quite a while...

My bad about the section.

EVO
    Thanks

if you have uninstalled the cydia tweaks, and the phone is still stuck in a boot up, you would need to restore the phone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    if you have uninstalled the cydia tweaks, and the phone is still stuck in a boot up, you would need to restore the phone
    See... that's the thing that bothers me... normally in a boot loop you cannot access the device's file system.

So I was thinking (since I can) there must be another way I can go about this, there has to be, right?