+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ipod Touch 4g 32gb 57 Year Time Lock Fix Help.

is a discussion within the

iPod Touch Jailbreak / Upgrade / Downgrade / Restore

forums, a part of the

iPod Touch

section;
Hi I need to know how to restore this darn thing with a 57 year lock to manufacture settings without using Itunes.....because my grandfather said I can have it if
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Ipod Touch 4g 32gb 57 Year Time Lock Fix Help.
    Hi I need to know how to restore this darn thing with a 57 year lock to manufacture settings without using Itunes.....because my grandfather said I can have it if I can fix the 57 Year Lock. Some how the guy he got it from was putting illegal music and movies and the German Government Locked up to that state.

I need to know how to restore to manufacturing settings. I don't want what ever is on it that is the least of my worries. I went to another forum they said stick the Ipod into DFU mode and use Itunes....does not work, that is a total lie.

edit:
    I also tried to use Redsn0w and redsn0w jailbroke and tethered it, but tether boot does not work either.
    Last edited by SNWLeader; 09-07-2012 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Forgot a step that was performed and Failed.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SNWLeader View Post
    Hi I need to know how to restore this darn thing with a 57 year lock to manufacture settings without using Itunes.....because my grandfather said I can have it if I can fix the 57 Year Lock. Some how the guy he got it from was putting illegal music and movies and the German Government Locked up to that state.

I need to know how to restore to manufacturing settings. I don't want what ever is on it that is the least of my worries. I went to another forum they said stick the Ipod into DFU mode and use Itunes....does not work, that is a total lie.

edit:
    I also tried to use Redsn0w and redsn0w jailbroke and tethered it, but tether boot does not work either.
    That is not a total lie first off. That is the correct solution to this problem to be exact. I really recommend you don't call peoples' answers a lie if you're the one asking it in the first place, all they're trying to do is help you.

You have to use iTunes. No other way. Did iTunes give you a specific answer when you tried restoring it?
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    That is not a total lie first off. That is the correct solution to this problem to be exact. I really recommend you don't call peoples' answers a lie if you're the one asking it in the first place, all they're trying to do is help you.

You have to use iTunes. No other way. Did iTunes give you a specific answer when you tried restoring it?
    Sorry about that my bad...it gave me an error saying I have to enter the pass code or something relative to that.

EVO
    Thanks

Thread moved

look here:
    iPod Touch Jailbreak / Upgrade / Downgrade / Restore

And please post appropriate next time

Thanks
    Thanked 14,167 Times in 6,639 Posts

This story seems a bit "off" to me. In any case the other site was right. You need to put the device into recovery or DFU mode then restore it in itunes. Doesnt sound like you have put it into recovery mode when you open itunes to me.