Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: siri and ipod 4g touch firmware questions.....

Default siri and ipod 4g touch firmware questions.....
    Hey I just bought an ipod touch which is already jailbroken and its running on the 4.2.1 (8C148) firware...I have no saved shshs... Im trying to get siri installed on it and from what I understand I need to update to a more current firmware but i dont wanna get stuck with a tethered jailbreak....whats the best way to go about this?..is it even possible with no shshs? are all the firmwares available for the ipod touch 4g untethered?...any info will be appreciated!...thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

5.1.1 is untethered. Do you require an unlock like gevey or ultrasnow?

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    5.1.1 is untethered. Do you require an unlock like gevey or ultrasnow?
    On an iPod Touch?

Quote Originally Posted by xjayy View Post
    Hey I just bought an ipod touch which is already jailbroken and its running on the 4.2.1 (8C148) firware...I have no saved shshs... Im trying to get siri installed on it and from what I understand I need to update to a more current firmware but i dont wanna get stuck with a tethered jailbreak....whats the best way to go about this?..is it even possible with no shshs? are all the firmwares available for the ipod touch 4g untethered?...any info will be appreciated!...thanks
    I'm not sure about Siri,
    but without SHSHs, the only firmware you can upgrade to is the current one (5.1.1)
    which fortunately has an untethered JB.

You may want to update now, or soon, because iOS 6 should be released in the near future, and it may NOT have an untethered JB soon, and if you wait, you might be stuck on that.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Ya that was a mess up my bad. We all do it.