+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak issues

is a discussion within the

iPod Touch Jailbreak / Upgrade / Downgrade / Restore

forums, a part of the

iPod Touch

section;
Hello. I have a 64 gig 4th gen iPod touch that I have jailbroken. The jailbreak has always given me a few performance issues, mainly apps crashing (which happens quite
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello. I have a 64 gig 4th gen iPod touch that I have jailbroken. The jailbreak has always given me a few performance issues, mainly apps crashing (which happens quite often), but lately it's been taking all the apps I have set in NC out and I've had to manually put them back on. Being in safe mode takes all issues away but I obviously can't use any of my tweaks or anything in safe mode. Anyone ever had issues like this or know of a way to fix them? When I have issues like the iPod respringing itself, I know to delete whatever i most recently installed from cydia but beyond that, I'm at a loss of what to do. Any help is appreciated.

Also, I'm running iOS 5.1.1.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

If you have SBSettings, go into the "More" tab and select "Mobile Substrate Addons". From there, disable each addon one by one and respring after disabling one (just one). When things stop crashing, you'll know what tweak is causing it. If this doesn't fix it, you're gonna need to restore.

It's also good to kill unnecessary processes and apps running in the background, this can free up some memory and make crashes more infrequent.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks! I think I pinpointed the one I was havin issues with already. It was appcent of all things. Thanks again.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

No problem, glad it's fixed
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.