+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: error lockdownd absinthe 2.01

is a discussion within the

iPod Touch Jailbreak / Upgrade / Downgrade / Restore

forums, a part of the

iPod Touch

section;
what is going on! im trying to jailbreak my ipod 4g and i get this message 6 times in a row. all i did was restore from back up and
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default error lockdownd absinthe 2.01
    what is going on! im trying to jailbreak my ipod 4g and i get this message 6 times in a row. all i did was restore from back up and then that was done i tried to jailbreak and it doesnt let me. i removed my pw and removed the lock screen and still get this message. can anyone help me please....i been all day on this thing.

Thanks

Same thing happened to me. Turned off my password and went to do it again and noticed it was taking forever to do anything. Looked on the homescreen and cydia was already there. Opened it up and it all worked fine. I think it jailbreaks it, but it freaks out and throws that error even though it did it.

Or at least that was my experience.

Thanks
    The main errors that pop up seem to be “Error detecting device (lockdown error -5)” and “Could not connect to lockdown“…

We’ve been in contact with @pod2g and @pimskeks, and they confirmed the problem is a random coincidence that creates a timeout. But the fix is fairly easy. All you have to do is go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Content and Settings. Then make sure you download Absinthe 2.0.1 and run it again.

Original post from -
    How to fix Absinthe Lockdown Error

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Yes there are man erros and bugs in the new Absinthe, don't be shocked. Just report them and do your best to fix them.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.