Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
02-04-2012, 01:16 PM #1Ipod Touch 4g doesnt want to restore! [1601,1602,1603 error]
Hi I had a previously jailbroken ipod on the firmware 4.2.1. I wanted to upgrade to 5.0.1 so I updated through iTunes. After updating I was prompted to restore, in the middle of restoring I got a 1602 error. I tried doing it again and the same error. I uninstalled then reinstalled iTunes, same error. I restarted my PC, same error.
I then tried iReb, same error. I then used SnowBreeze then iReb same error.
Can you guys recommend me anything to fix my problem? Thanks
02-04-2012, 02:47 PM #2
Try using the redsn0w's(latest jb) pwned DFU mode and download the firmware for 5.0.1 so that you can just hit Shift+ Restore. Hope this helps
02-04-2012, 03:15 PM #3
Nope I still got a 1601 error.
02-04-2012, 03:20 PM #4
try editing the host files=
* Locate the hosts file in one of the following directories:
Windows XP, Vista, 7 cwindows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
* Right click and click on "Open With..." and then click on "Notepad" on the list.
* Remove the line that has gs.apple.com completely and save the file.
* Open Finder
* Hold down COMMAND + SHIFT keys and press 'G'
* Enter "/private/etc/" in the field and press "Go"
* Find "hosts" file in the directory
* Drag the file to your desktop
* Open it in text editor
* Remove the line that has gs.apple.com entirely or put a # at the beginning of it to comment it out
* Save the file
* Drag it back to the /private/etc/ folder.
* You'd need to enter your username and password to authenticate the move
You can also try tinyumbrella(kick out of recovery mode) option
Last edited by mmaboi21; 02-04-2012 at 03:25 PM.
02-04-2012, 04:52 PM #5
I just checked and nothing in my hosts file had apple.com in it
02-04-2012, 05:17 PM #6
02-04-2012, 05:43 PM #7
02-04-2012, 06:44 PM #8
Different pc/ Mac ???
02-04-2012, 07:01 PM #9
Nope still I get the 1601 error
Anyone else have any solutions?
Last edited by kytro360; 02-04-2012 at 07:13 PM.
08-27-2012, 08:08 AM #10
I had the same problem, first got a error 20, change usb port, then got stuck at verifing with apple, tried with iReb keep getting erro 1602, delete apple line in HOST, and WORKED!!
08-27-2012, 08:32 PM #11
09-21-2012, 11:59 AM #12
I am having the same issue with my touch 1g, it's firmware 1.1.5. I can't get tinyubnbrella to work, it wants me to end a system process I can't find.