Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrade from 4.3.2 to 5.0.1

Cool Upgrade from 4.3.2 to 5.0.1
    I have a jailbroken iPod Touch 4G on 4.3.2. When I want to download the 5.0.1 update from iTunes it downloads the file and then it says, "There was a problem downloading the software for the iPod. The network connection timed out" (Error 3259). I've tried at least 15 other times all at different days and times. I googled it and I noticed some other people have this same problem but don't know why either. Why can't I download the update?

Also, once I do update to 5.0.1, will all my apps, photos, albums, music, and playlists be put back onto my iPod like how I have them now? Will they still be there after I do the untethered jailbreak too? If not, is there a way I can make a back up on my computer? Similar to how BackBoard backs up how the apps and tweaks are placed on the Spring Board.

Thanks for any input.

Happy 2012!

Thanks

Sync with itunes before updating to 5.0.1. You will have all the photos apps, etc. The hailbreak wont delete anything either
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Okay so now when I want to sync, it wants to add all the apps I deleted off my iPod. I don't want that. How do I stop that?

Also, should I uninstall my mobile substrate and the tweaks before I update?
    Last edited by NewKid5293; 01-01-2012 at 10:33 PM.

NewKid,
    If you dont want to sync your apps....for whatever reason? When you plug into itunes and click on your device on the left, above the picture of your device should be an "applications" tab. Click that and there should be an option for turning off app syncing, last time i checked. As for mobile substrate, i dont know, i always do a clean restore, i never "update". Clean restore always gets rid of all the stuff.