+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Do you advise updating my iPod Touch 4G to iOS 5.0.1?

is a discussion within the

iPod Touch Jailbreak / Upgrade / Downgrade / Restore

forums, a part of the

iPod Touch

section;
So, I am currently running iOS 4.3.3, and because pod2g recently released his untethered JB I was wondering if I should update to iOS 5.0.1? I have read horror stories
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Do you advise updating my iPod Touch 4G to iOS 5.0.1?
    So, I am currently running iOS 4.3.3, and because pod2g recently released his untethered JB I was wondering if I should update to iOS 5.0.1? I have read horror stories that it destroys the performance, takes 10 sec to open Music, apps crash and so on. My iPod is quite full, it is a 32 GB one with 5 GB space remaining. And if I should update, what should I disable to make the performance better? Thanks for the answers!

Thanks

Yes, update to to 5.0.1 and then run redsn0w. Those horror stories are fake lol

Sync with iTunes first so you dont lose your stuff

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    kaspar,
    I have been on 5.0.1 for a while, started tethered and now untehtered. My music tap does not take 10 seconds to open. Occasionally i have apps crash but i think thats do to multitasking, if i have a bunch of apps open, other ones have no memory left to run, just makes sense. Update to 5.0.1 before they stop signing it!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Okay, started updating, but my backup-s always fail. It takes forever to reach around 75 % done and then it fails. Deleted about 1.8 gb of crap off my iPod to make it faster but it's still slow as hell and backups fail. Anyone has any solutions to my problem?

Thanks
    your backup, like pre-restore backup? Ive never had issues with backing up before restoring, do you have the newest itunes?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I transfer purchases, sync, press right click on my iPod and choose backup before pressing "Update", but it still starts making a backup.

Thanks
    Are you using an older version of itunes or the current version?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The current version, I tried to run it in administrator mode, it gets almost done (95 %) and then gives me error -43

Thanks
    google is your friend! Try this.....https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Okay, did a restore, but now its showing me error 1600-1602. Tried iReb, but it doesn't work, my screen doesn't flash white or red. It does nothing.

Thanks
    When does it give you that error? You said you backed up and restored?
    Ipod enthusiast/computer programmer.......anyone want a PC music randomizer?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I get that when iTunes is saying "Preparing your iPod for restore" and then I get 1601 or 1602 error. So I put my iPod in DFU mode again, close iTunes, opened iReb and chose my device but it didn't change a thing, still gives me that error. Tried it with custom firmware (manually choosing 5.0.1 by pressing shift+restore) and by just clicking the restore button. Same story both ways.

Thanks
    I just looked up the error, apple link says to remove iTunes and Apple mobile device support and reinstall iTunes 7.5 or later

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So yeah, did that, still getting the same error both trying to put custom IPSW and just pressing restore.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, it was my problem, had the hosts set to Cydia... Anyways, I am now on iOS 5.0.1 untethered. I can really feel that the device has gotten faster, plus I really love iMessage and wireless sync. Notification center is cool too. Thanks for anyone who helped!

Thanks
    Glad ya got it! Sorry I couldn't help more.

Thanks

BOY DO I HAV A SUPRISE FO U DATS QUICK FIX WATCH DIS VIDEO IT JUS CANT FAIL U ULL B ABLE TO RESTORE IN NO TIME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnp_e...e_gdata_player