+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Un-Jailbreaking the iPod Touch

is a discussion within the

iPod Touch Jailbreak / Upgrade / Downgrade / Restore

forums, a part of the

iPod Touch

section;
In a circumstance where you would need to unjailbreak you iPod, how would you wipe out all the jailbreak data from your device? as in ALL OF IT?? I found
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Un-Jailbreaking the iPod Touch
    In a circumstance where you would need to unjailbreak you iPod, how would you wipe out all the jailbreak data from your device? as in ALL OF IT?? I found out that when you backup a jailbroken device, its jailbreak data is included in the backup. I don't want to start out blank again because I have game data and I don't want to lose it.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Go into Settings>General>Reset>Reset all settings. As you can see, no data or media will be erased. This has always worked for me.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

does that wipe out all the jailbreak data? and when do I do that? Every time I back up my device via iCloud or after I restore it? thanks

Thanks

It does as long as you restore as well
    And you do it just once.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Backing up does not collect any jailbreak data. It only collects what you need which is the apps, music, contacts etc. I would do a full back up them restore.

Are you planning on re-jail breaking?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by R.Mortera View Post
    Backing up does not collect any jailbreak data. It only collects what you need which is the apps, music, contacts etc. I would do a full back up them restore.

Are you planning on re-jail breaking?
    It does, if you, say, create a custom carrier, when you back up, It WILL save it.

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    It does, if you, say, create a custom carrier, when you back up, It WILL save it.
    Oh really? Never really knew that. Thanks for information.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    yes it does backup the info, thats why "aptbackup" works (program to backup cydia apps....sort of). Itunes backs up a file with all the data of the cydia apps, then when you restore and bring all the data back, the file is there and you can bring back all the cydia apps, if that makes sense :P Anyway, can i ask why you want to "un-jailbreak"? If you are sending to apple, id say just restore and dont restore with a backed up file, when it asks about restoring with a backup, dont select one. Then when you want all the data back, do a restore again, then restore with the backed up data. Kind of a long process, but it should work.