Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
12-10-2011, 05:30 PM #1Retrieving my SHSH+APticket using iFaith 1.4 inside VirtualBox
Here is what is up with my current situation:
- My iPod Touch 4G is running iOS 5.0.
- I am running Mac OS X 10.5.8 on a 2009 iMac.
- I have Windows 7 running inside VirtualBox 4.1.6.
- I have iFaith 1.4 running on Windows 7 virtual machine.
Here is what I want to do:
- Retrieve the iOS 5.0 SHSH and APticket on my iPod touch 4G.
- Retrieve the SHSH and APticket for iPod Touch 4G when I upgrade to iOS 5.0.1.
Here is what I am doing:
- Get iFaith running and select "Dump SHSH".
- Turn off my iPod Touch 4G.
- Click "Start".
- After the "Prepare to hold down the the power and home buttons" part, I begin to hold down the power button and the home button.
- Wait 10 seconds, until the part that says "Release the power button" and "hold the home button".
- Wait 30 seconds holding the home button.
- Right click on the small USB icon at the bottom of the VirtualBox VM window and select "Apple  iPod DFU Mode" or something like that.
- iFaith loads Limerain and waits for my iPod.
- My iPod Touch 4G starts up as normal and iFaith doesn't get around to detecting it.
What am I doing wrong?
12-11-2011, 02:59 PM #2
12-12-2011, 04:39 AM #3
12-19-2011, 03:40 PM #4