+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod Touch 32gig stuck in DFU. Serious problems restoring.

is a discussion within the

iPod Touch Jailbreak / Upgrade / Downgrade / Restore

forums, a part of the

iPod Touch

section;
Hello there, I'm new here so if I do or say anything wrong, sorry. Also, I'm a bit clueless about iPod/jailbreaking related things. Now, my iPod is a 3rd gen
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPod Touch 32gig stuck in DFU. Serious problems restoring.
    Hello there,

I'm new here so if I do or say anything wrong, sorry. Also, I'm a bit clueless about iPod/jailbreaking related things. Now, my iPod is a 3rd gen touch and I believe the last firmware I had installed was in the 4.x's (but I could be wrong). I jailbroke it without knowing what I was really doing using Spirit a while back.

I decided I wanted to restore it because it was running really slowly and Cydia was acting up. Anyways, now it's stuck in restore mode (black screen atm) and I can't restore it because I keep getting errors 3164, 1604 and 1602. I've deleted "74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com" and "127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com" from my hosts file (I have a backup) and I've unchecked "Set hosts to Cydia on Exit" on Tinyumbrella (5.01). Before I jailbreak again, I figure it's best if I do a clean restore instead of using a custom firmware. When I try to do this now, I'm getting error 1602.

I'm a newbie so yeah I'd appreciate if instructions are easy to follow. Much appreciated,
    Peace!

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iPod For This Useful Post:

habashny (12-03-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Tried those already, the errors keep coming back. I've also tried iREB by the way, but no cigar.

Thanks

Hmm...May have a bricked iPod...I'll get back to you on this.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That doesn't sound too good. If that's the case and I really can't do anything about it on my own, should I take it to an Apple Store? Figure they would take a go at it without a warranty?

Thanks

Well, if you tried jailbreaking, then they probably wouldnt. But I may be able to find a fix, something similar happened to me. You can also search "how to fix a bricked iPod touch" on YouTube

8. The Following User Says Thank You to iPod For This Useful Post:

habashny (12-04-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, all I found were videos telling me to put it into restore mode and all this stuff I sort of knew already, so instead I decided to try and restore it on my other computer, which happens to be a Mac, and which I probably should've done in the first place. It worked perfectly. Thanks for trying though, it's appreciated!
    Peace!

Thanks

No problem, glad you could get it fixed. FYI, it shouldn't really matter whether you used a PC or a Mac, since both have iTunes and iPod support