Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ipod touch 4g (black screen of death )

Default ipod touch 4g (black screen of death )
    i hv ipod touch 4g 4.3.3 i didn't save my SHSH before so i used Ifaith to do it every things work's fine but after the restore i stucked in dfu mode I used redsn0w "just boot tethered right now". It boots, and, when i was doing that again, iPod showed white screen, i used master reset (home+power buttons) then tethered boot redsn0w again and after that iPod shows me everywhere BLACK SCREEN! when i am restoring - iTunes show me progress bar, but iPod - black screen, iPod restored - but black screen, Voice control working, sound is coming out of iPod when connected, but screen is black everywhere!!! is ther any way to fix that problem ? black screen of death ? is it software issue or hardware ? i cnt update to ios 5 bcz it show me error 3194 im really hopeless & im having the same problem as this guy [SOLVED] iPod Touch 4G Black Screen EVERYWHERE after tethered boot redsn0w... HELP!!! - YouTube
    plz dnt tell me hold home button & power button bcz im not that stupid i tried it million time
    Last edited by oxidboy; 11-18-2011 at 05:15 AM.

tnx for nothing i solved it by update to ios 5.0.1 now i cnt jailbreak untreated

tnx to @yasir777 this is how to fix for those who hv this problem ''1) Get latest itunes
    2) get iPod touch's firmware 5.0.1 ! 5.0 will not work ! USE 5.0.1 !
    3) connect ipod and shift + restore ! Dont use any other software like tinyumbrella etc ...
    When ur ipod is updating ! It will still have blank screen , but after it restarts (when update on itunes finish) it will automatically power on and wont take u to dfu mode! it will boot up ! Now you did it !
    If u get error 3194 , dont use tinyumb... Just get the original host file from internet and rename the old one as hosts.old and then place the downloaded one there ! (in directory c:/windows/system32/drivers/etc/

If u get error 2005 or 200someting ... Download irebr4 ! and select ipod touch 4g ... then it will be in pwned dfu ! NOW update from itunes and you'll have no errors !

Default RE: ipod touch 4g (black screen of death )
    Hi, im having the same problem as you are right now. After i downgraded my ipod touch 4g on ios 4.3.5 to ios 4.3.3 my ipod never opened since the restore. I tried (holding the home + power button for 10 seconds) but it never worked and itunes don't let me update my idevice to ios 5, Error 3194 keeps popping up. I have the black screen on my ipod touch 4g, would it work if i try restoring to ios 5.0.1 firmware ?

CAN ANY1 HELP ME PLZ ???????

try to upgrade to 5.0.1 & wait for untethered jailbreak it will release this week i guess