Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Error 3194is a discussion within the
iPod Touch Jailbreak / Upgrade / Downgrade / Restoreforums, a part of the
Hey guys, to start off I just want to say that I am aware of the fact, that the internet is full of 'fixes' for the 3194 error when upgrading...
11-16-2011, 03:02 PM #1Error 3194
to start off I just want to say that I am aware of the fact, that the internet is full of 'fixes' for the 3194 error when upgrading to ios 5.0 on an iPod touch 4g jailbroken. I update with my own downloaded firmware, which is straight from the apple website because i don't want to update to 5.0.1 as i've heard it fixes the exploit by 0xcharlie.
I have attempted to fix it:
- Using tinyUmbrella and change the settings so it connects to an apple server.. To make sure i looked the file up in windows and it was changed. Then i rebooted but for some reason it just didn't do the trick.
- Changed the usb port. Seems kinda stupid but it used to work on some versions years ago i remember.
- Entered DFU Mode. It just showed a black screen though, not the white one i remember from old firmwares.
- Deleted lmhosts.sam. Kept a copy of it though. Not sure if that did any good but someone on the internets suggested it.
- Let the TSS server in tinyumbrella run while restoring. Error changed to 3005, which doesn't really do any good either..
If you have any other suggestions, please tell me. Btw, i once tried to update with the locally saved ios 5.0-firmware but i got error 3200..
EDIT: Come on guys, a day has passed and no reply? I thought this was an active community If you think of anything that might help me, please tell me..
Last edited by smoelge; 11-17-2011 at 02:12 PM.
11-21-2011, 11:25 AM #2
did u saved your SHSH ?
11-21-2011, 12:57 PM #3
Why would i have to save my SHSH blobs? Isn't 5.0 signed by apple anymore?! I have saved a couple, i think 4.0 and 4.2.1..
11-21-2011, 02:20 PM #4
Apple is no longer signing 5.0
11-23-2011, 10:40 PM #5
I never really got how SHSHing works.. How am i supposed to upgrade to a new firmware (5.0), that i haven't used before. It's not like i have a blob just for 5.0..
11-24-2011, 01:50 PM #6
Even if you have 5.0 blob, you cannot use it to restore. It is just for your safekeeping and to stare at
11-25-2011, 11:39 AM #7
That means there is no way to update to 5.0 anymore?!
11-25-2011, 11:48 AM #8
That is correct.