+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod in recovery!!!! I must rescue all data!!!

is a discussion within the

iPod Touch Jailbreak / Upgrade / Downgrade / Restore

forums, a part of the

iPod Touch

section;
Hi, I've an iPod Touch 2g firmware 4.2.1 jailbroken with greenpois0n rc5, and now it's stuck in a recovery mode loop (I can't get out of that, I've tried so
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy iPod in recovery!!!! I must rescue all data!!!
    Hi, I've an iPod Touch 2g firmware 4.2.1 jailbroken with greenpois0n rc5, and now it's stuck in a recovery mode loop (I can't get out of that, I've tried so many programs yet, like TinyUmbrella, iRecovery, RecBoot, that programs aren't able to kick off this recovery mode loop, neither in DFU mode...).

So, I think the only way to restore my iPod to a normal state is to restore with iTunes...
    But before my iPod gets restored, I want to recover ALL my applications data, expecially the contents of an app named "my photo albums", that contains 3-4 GB out of photos and videos...

Can you suggest me some softwares that are able to see the entire filesystem and than provide a complete backup, even if my iPod is in recovery mode?

I want to know another thing: once the iPod filesystem's backup is done, I can check the backup to see if the photos of my interest are been saved?

Thank you for the help!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

no one can help me? pleeeeeeease...

i Think that the firmware is been damaged by a bad process in Cydia, so I need to know a way to downgrading the ipod firmware without restoring the ipod...any help will be very very appreciated.thanks

Thanks

Hmm well u cant do anything in recovery mode except restore. If u done a backup then all ur pics notes apps should return if u restore with tht backup

Oh and 2g can only go up to 4.2.1 so dont worry bout it being updated

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

the stuff i need to recover is inside an app named my photo albums, and this archive of images and videos is not rescue by a backup from iTunes...if i do an update instead a downgrade, the restore from iTunes it's however needed?