Results 1 to 8 of 8

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Upgrade iPod Touch 3G-8GB-MC to iOS 5

  1. #1
    Question Upgrade iPod Touch 3G-8GB-MC to iOS 5
    I have an iPod Touch 3G 8GB MC, on 4.2.1. I am aware that I am unable to update this device to iOS 5.0, because it is considered as a 2nd Generation Model.

    Is there any way I could upgrade this device past 4.2.1 on the MC model?

    Thanks,
    Chibichuba


    If I helped you in any way, please click on the button!------------------------------------ v v v v v v

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Chibichuba View Post
    I have an iPod Touch 3G 8GB MC, on 4.2.1. I am aware that I am unable to update this device to iOS 5.0, because it is considered as a 2nd Generation Model.

    Is there any way I could upgrade this device past 4.2.1 on the MC model?

    Thanks,
    Chibichuba
    Nope, sorry.
    4.2.1 is it.
    The 8GB model is just a second-generation unit with an updated bootrom.
    If they told you it was 3G when you bought it, they lied

  3. #3
    There's absolutely no way? I'm pretty sure i've heard of custom firmwares like 4.0 for 1st Gen but I may be wrong.


    If I helped you in any way, please click on the button!------------------------------------ v v v v v v

  4. #4
    Sorry, but it's not possible.
    I would keep iOS 4.2.1.
    And: iOS 5 needs more space as 4.2.1 so it would not be an advantage for a 8gb device...

  5. #5
    No. =.= if you couldn't get 4.3 and past then you certainly can't have 5.0

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Chibichuba View Post
    There's absolutely no way? I'm pretty sure i've heard of custom firmwares like 4.0 for 1st Gen but I may be wrong.
    Sorry, but no.

    Last supported FW:
    1G: 3.1.3 [8, 16, 32]
    2G: 4.2.1 [8, 16, 32]
    3G: 5.0+ [32, 64]
    4G: 5.0+ [32, 64]

    They never made an 8GB iPod Touch 3G.
    Apple kept on selling the 2Gs they had lying around, and pretended nobody would notice...

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Chibichuba View Post
    There's absolutely no way? I'm pretty sure i've heard of custom firmwares like 4.0 for 1st Gen but I may be wrong.
    YES there is a way, what you are talking about is whited00r and YES they will give you a ipsw that is 3.1.3 disguised as iOS 5.0 for your 2G But you need an MB model

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    Sorry, but no.

    Last supported FW:
    1G: 3.1.3 [8, 16, 32]
    2G: 4.2.1 [8, 16, 32]
    3G: 5.0+ [32, 64]
    4G: 5.0+ [32, 64]

    They never made an 8GB iPod Touch 3G.
    Apple kept on selling the 2Gs they had lying around, and pretended nobody would notice...
    It's this...
    2G: 4.2.1 [8, 16, 32]
    3G: 5.0+ [32, 64]
    4G: 5.0+ [8, 32, 64]

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •