+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't find other bluetooth enabled devices. Any Tweaks to fix?

is a discussion within the

iPod Touch Jailbreak / Upgrade / Downgrade / Restore

forums, a part of the

iPod Touch

section;
I have an iPod Touch 3rd Gen running on iOS 4.3.1, and I finally figured out that my iPod actually DOES have a Bluetooth chip. It is just almost completely
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Can't find other bluetooth enabled devices. Any Tweaks to fix?
    I have an iPod Touch 3rd Gen running on iOS 4.3.1, and I finally figured out that my iPod actually DOES have a Bluetooth chip. It is just almost completely useless. Mostly because it won't recognize any Bluetooth devices. My Mac will recognize my iPod, which is how I finally realized that my iPod does have Bluetooth.

Where I am going with this is that I want my iPod to actually display other bluetooth devices. In specific, a Bluetooth headset. I figure that my iPod should know what to do with the headset once I connect to it, but I can't.

I have done as much research as I can, and figure that Apple won't let my iPod Touch find other bluetooth enabled devices because it would become too much like an iPhone. (I mainly want the headset for Skype, so I suppose there is some truth to their fears.)

I have searched on Cydia, but everything I have found seems to assume that you already have paired and want some more functionality, so either this is just a problem for iPod Touch users or I am just completely hopeless as far as using search toolbars is concerned. Either way, help would be appreciated greatly.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Maybe the Bluetooth headset is hidden. As much as you know, MAKE SURE the headset is on. Nothing is worse than looking like an idiot because you didn't do the easiest step of all time. Second, if you do find any Bluetooth devices, and a PIN is required, type in 0000 or 1234 as those are the default PINs. Also, if that doesn't work, try a new headset, or reset the headset if you can. And if all else fails, restore your iPod Firmware, complain to Apple that your Bluetooth chip is not working and get it fixed.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I tried to get my iPod connected to my Bluetooth headset. Once I got it paired, I couldn't hear anything still so I got an SBSettings app called bluetooth mono.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I did pair my headset with my phone, once. Still, nothing but software limitations explain my iPod not recognizing my Mac while my Mac recognizes my iPod.

Thanks

Apple made the Bluetooth "crippled" on purpose. I think it's kind of dumb. I got my headset to work. Keep in mind that I have BT Stack installed, Celeste (which I don't think has anything to do with pairing the headset), and Bluetooth Mono for SB Settings installed. I couldn't get audio to play until I enabled Bluetooth Mono on SB Sertings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What is BT stack and where would I get it? Not showing up on Cydia's search.

Thanks

"BTstack". It's one word. Sorry for the confusion.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Still not finding it.

Thanks

It's there in the BigBoss repo. You might need to go under Manage>Settings and change who you are in Cydia.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well I've installed BTStack, but I still can't figure out how to pair, since BTStack doesn't have an icon.
    When you initially paired with your headset, which app did you do it from?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WolfKitOF View Post
    Well I've installed BTStack, but I still can't figure out how to pair, since BTStack doesn't have an icon.
    When you initially paired with your headset, which app did you do it from?
    I did it in the settings app. I don't know if BTstack is the reason. It might be your headset. It might not. I have no idea.