Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Complex iPodx2/iPad JB Scenario
12-15-2010, 02:07 PM #1
Complex iPodx2/iPad JB Scenario
Hello everybody, been following awhile (very useful) and many thanks to all for the help I've gleaned from your posts.
Seeking input on the following....
What I have:
iPad 64GB WiFi+3G
Limera1n + Cydia + ******* etc.... (love this!!!)
**I have some apps on the iPad I plan to sync to the iPT4g's, but would start again on each iPT4g individually if necessary, not an issue at this point**
What I just got:
2x iPod Touch 4g 32GB (1 is still unboxed and 1 I attempted JB)
Purchased at same time, I assume everything about these units is the same (I may get a surprise on that though).
What I've Done:
- Unboxed 1 iPT4g (MC544C), plugged into PC (XP Pro SP3 + iTunes 10.1).
- Skipped FW update, stayed at 4.1.
- Attempted limera1n several times, failed silently (no errors, no icon either). Everything seemed good and very smilar to when I did my iPad but sadly no icon for limera1n shows up. Just boots as if didn't do anything (stock).
- Sync'd some apps to this iPT4g (originating from iPad) with iTunes.
- Considered trying to downgrade -have files- but understand not possible without original SHSH blobs.
** Did NOT SHSH blob back-up, wasn't aware I could without JB, since then I have found tinyumbrealla, MAYBE too late, see below**
- Finaly, I caved in and updated (iTunes) to 4.2.1 on the 1 (same) iPT4g (MC544C)
What I'd like to do:
Can I use the unboxed iPT4g as a base (save SHSH blobs etc...) to bring the other unit back to 4.1 and successfully untethered JB both units? What would be involved?
I've searched high and low for this answer but its never explicitely stated that blobs are not interchangeable - even if you have the luxury of having to seemingly identical units (except iOS) - from which to initiate the process.
I know an updated JB for 4.2.1 untethered is expected soon but I've been trying for 2 weeks and I really want to have these units JB'd, wrapped and under the tree xmas morning. Preferrably, both looking/feeling about the same - to ensure happy smiles xmas morning and to ease my admin of them after xmas.
In the end, I guess I'd wait till the bitter end and hope the 4.2.1 untethered update arrives in time so i can wrap and plant these puppies. Alternately, I may consider 1 tethered and 1 untethered just to make the xmas morning deadline. A 12 yr old and a soon to be 13 yr old can be picky (hence the desire to keep them the same) but in the end they'd be happier with a JB unit than a apple controlled unit.
Any input very much appreciated and happy holiday's to all!!
04-05-2013, 07:12 AM #2