Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is there any way to jailbreak on firmware 4.2.1 with an iPod Touch 2nd Gen (MC Model)

Default Is there any way to jailbreak on firmware 4.2.1 with an iPod Touch 2nd Gen (MC Model)
    I own an iPod Touch 2nd Gen (MC model). Is there any way to jailbreak it on firmware 4.2.1?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Redsn0w beta 4 or 5 i think. But still tethered im pretty sure.

Yes There is, But it will be TETHERED!! Get Your SHSH Blobs Ready Incase You Want To Downgrade to Wait for an Untethered Solution. I Checked The Chronic Dev Team's Blog And They Said iPod Touch 2G MC Will Be Tethered a Jailbreak. If You Have Not Saved Your SHSH Blobs, There Might Still Be Time to Downgrade Your Firmware before Apple Takes Off Support For 4.1

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lolzyeahtech141 For This Useful Post:

Antypasa (01-08-2011)

Will be released a untethered jailbreak for it? (like greenpois0n for 4.1)

Otherwise i will just downgrade it to 4.1 and re-jailbreak it (i've updated my itouch cause it were with many bugs and laggy)

Quote Originally Posted by escequi View Post
    Will be released a untethered jailbreak for it? (like greenpois0n for 4.1)

Otherwise i will just downgrade it to 4.1 and re-jailbreak it (i've updated my itouch cause it were with many bugs and laggy)
    There will be one in the future, but it may take a while. If your patient, then no action is needed. But if you need your JailBreak, Downgrade to 4.1. And also, I have been experiencing some problems with iOS 4.2.1 Safari does not work.
    Last edited by lolzyeahtech141; 11-30-2010 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Question

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lolzyeahtech141 View Post
    There will be one in the future, but it may take a while. If your patient, then no action is needed. But if you need your JailBreak, Downgrade to 4.1. And also, I have been experiencing some problems with iOS 4.2.1 Safari does not work.
    Safari works smoothly on my ipod touch 2g. And cydia is just awesomely fast. 4.2.1 is great. And with jb it's got even better

That's good, but I had problems with safari, and if my iPod has a memory spike, while i'm on the bus, I'm screwed. It may also reboot in my backpack, so I'm waiting until it's untethered. And Safari Might have worked for you, but not me.

I guess there is no way to do it.
    Last edited by Kwipper; 12-01-2010 at 02:12 AM.

I've tried to jailbreak my ipt, 2g MC-model 4.2.1 fw, with Redsn0w, both b4 and b5 but the Redsn0w application simply stops when I confirm that it is indeed the MC-model and asks me to come back later. So in my understanding there's no jailbreak for the MC-model running 4.2.1, tethered or not. Not for the moment that is. Downgrade is not an option as I want AirPlay.
    Last edited by kjellhansson; 12-01-2010 at 03:36 PM.

I take it after all of the recent advancements in jailbreaking. I bet there still isn't a way to jailbreak this firmware for my 8GB iPod Touch 2ng Gen (MC Model)... is there?

Seems like the MC model is last in line when it comes to jailbreaking Haven't seen any mentioning about the latest redsn0w (0.9.7b5) being able to deal with this model.

If i may ask, new to this iPod hacking, what is an "MC" model. Are there different models? Something special about it?
    Thanks.

There are different generations of Ipod touch. In addition to that there are also "sub"-generations of them. When the 3rd generation was released in september 2009, it was only the larger 32, 64 GB versions that really were true 3rd generation. The 8GB model was still really 2nd generation hardware with some changes and with new firmware. To distinguish this later model from the original 2nd generation 8GB model, it is called MC as the original 2nd generation ipod carried an order No of MB528LL/A while the later 2nd generation model had an order No of MC086LL/A. Thus the "2nd gen MC" notation.
    From a Jailbreak point of view this matters quite a lot. The MC model is much harder to jailbreak apparently, on par with the 3rd generation model.
    As I can see from your profile, you have a 4th generation, so the above does not apply to your model. The MC notation is normally only used to distinguish the flavors 2nd Gen ipod touch. All 4th generation ipod touch are of the same firmware version, up till now at least. 4th generation is MC by the way, but they are completely different from earlier versions so from a jailbreaking point of view they don't compare. I expect 4th Gen to be just as hard to jailbreak.
    Last edited by kjellhansson; 01-08-2011 at 12:10 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to kjellhansson For This Useful Post:

Nazariy007 (01-08-2011)

A little history there. Thank you!

Am I screwed? I have a 2nd Gen and its on firmware 4.2.1 and I cant jailbreak it.

Can anyone tell me a fairly simple way to do it if its even possible. Please. I consider myself pretty good at this stuff so just an overview of how to do it should be enough.

Thanks

I've failed too, using redsn0w, and the other ones don't seem any closer for the moment.
    Bear in mind, the 4.2.1 release is still quite new and it takes some time for the jailbreak developers to breach the ipod/iphones and for every new version of firmware Apple tries to fix the glitches the jailbreaks explore.
    However, the jailbreak developers are making progress and I hope it will work for my ipt 2g MC, fw 4.2.1 in a month or two. Patience, patience.....

I too have this same model sold as a 3G but truly different hardware (more than memory by the way) from the real 3G which is as stated the 16Gb and 32Gb models.

I also had no luck with any Redsnow JB. The only JB that worked for me on ipws 4.1, was Limera1n but not 4.2.1 If some say that they see noticeable differences in performance with 4.2.1 then that is interesting but from what I seen in other groups--the difference is less than minimal--no real experience however, and I have NO interest in a theathered JB--why would anyone frankly??

I guess well have to wait for Comex to do his magic since apparently he's the ONLY ONE who can hack the Ipod Touch 2G (MC Model) since nobody else on this planet is able to do it. :/