Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need Help Quick- iTouch 3g 4.1-3.1.3 downgrade

Default Need Help Quick- iTouch 3g 4.1-3.1.3 downgrade
    I need help with downgrading an ipod touch 3g 4.1 to 3.1.3. I got it with version 3.1.3 and jailbroke it with spirit, then i rebooted and it got stuck in DFU mode. When i finally got it to work, i had to restore and update to 4.1. The problem is i need to downgrade to 3.1.3 and jailbreak it quick. I have the shsh blobs saved on cydia and on my computer for 3.1.3. Can anyone please help with how to downgrade it???

wow second post on the same problem and not one reply from anyone to help my problem, i thought modmyi was a good site... this is pathetic
    Last edited by brennod95; 10-05-2010 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. The Following User Says Thank You to brennod95 For This Useful Post:

dbickham (10-10-2010)

first of all don't be so impatient someone come along will offer u help being disgruntle is not helping!!
    1. download tinyumbrella (google it) select verison u want to downgrade to 3.1.2 for mac or pc.
    2. download firmware 3.1.2 from Felixbruns (google it)for ur Itouch g3 save it in ur desktop, makesure u have the latest java runtime enviroment
    3. make sure itune is close and itouch is connected, open the tu file if u have java installed it will open itself (its a program) if not..it will give u an link to d/l it. if the itune opens up automatically close the auto option and start over
    4. after tu opens up see if ur device name is on it, tick advance option, choose device version itouch 3.1.2, click the button save my SHSH if its sucessful, it will let u know!!
    then click the "start TSS server" let tu change ur hosts file. lets keep our fingers cross that itune accept ur request!! if that goes ok, click open itune, put the itouch in DFU mode (shutting down the itouch)by press power and home button simulteanously (at the same time)for about 10 sec. let go the power button but keep the home button press you will hear and see on screen you need to restore, if it shows that thenur good to go, click "ok" if ur using a pc then press shift key and click restore, desktop opens up click on the 3.1.2 firmware and let it do its thing, u will see the itouch go thru loading after its done kick it out with tu ur itouch should reboot and thats it. good luck