+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I dont know anything about ipod touch please help!!!!!!

is a discussion within the

iPod Touch Jailbreak / Upgrade / Downgrade / Restore

forums, a part of the

iPod Touch

section;
[b i just got a ipod touch 2nd gen 8gb i believe. I dont know anything about the ipod touch and am new to it. I tried updating it from
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Angry I dont know anything about ipod touch please help!!!!!!
    [bi just got a ipod touch 2nd gen 8gb i believe. I dont know anything about the ipod touch and am new to it. I tried updating it from i tunes and it asked me to restore it. So i clicked ok, it started run run run and it comes back as a error code 2003. And now is stuck on the usb cord and the i tunes symbol. I was using it , going on you tube and checking e mails and i tried to update it and did that ****. Now i cant do **** on it anymore. Please help!! Thank you.][/b]

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MADDAWG5099 View Post
    [bi just got a ipod touch 2nd gen 8gb i believe. I dont know anything about the ipod touch and am new to it. I tried updating it from i tunes and it asked me to restore it. So i clicked ok, it started run run run and it comes back as a error code 2003. And now is stuck on the usb cord and the i tunes symbol. I was using it , going on you tube and checking e mails and i tried to update it and did that ****. Now i cant do **** on it anymore. Please help!! Thank you.][/b]
    If you just bought it from Apple take it back you have 30 days of free return money back

If no what firmware were you trying to update it to and what firmware are you on?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Im not sure whats on it. I just got it and it had you tube on it but as far as whats op system i have no idea. I went to i tunes and asked if i wanted to upgrade and i said yes. It told me that i had to restore it first. So i did. Kept saying preparing ipod for restore. Then after awhile comes up with unable to restore because of an error then says 2003. Wtf? Now my ipod is locked on the screen where the usb cord is trying to connect to the itunes symbol. Do i need a faster usb port maybe? Because that comes up on the bottom of the screen. Says that this device can preform faster using a hi speed 2.0 usb port. I dont have one but it should still be able to restore. What is error code 2003? What else can i do? The touch is from 2008 so no warrenty. Any suggestions? Thanx for your reply .

Thanks

Are you using a different cable than what came with your iPod? I read that sometimes this can cause the error because the cable is only meant for power and not data transfer.