Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Touch screen not responding

Thanks

Default Touch screen not responding
    hello ppl

my iPod Touch's touch screen aint responding no more. I have no clue as to why but it is just not. I mean, i didnt drop it, no playing water fight with it...nothing!! i was listening to music one night, and fell asleep....in the morning, i find that the music is still on, but touch aint working, and since then touch screen aint responding!!

- I tried restarting(rebooting)...didnt help

- I tried restoring back to normal....iPod got restored back to factory settings, but touch screen aint just working!!

plz temme its not a hardware issue
    am freaking out actually...

It got out of warranty period very recently.

specs:
    iPod Touch 2G, 16GB
    restored with iOS 4.0

sorry to tell you but this is the first time ive even read this problem occuring! normally you have to replace the screen due to cracking or breaking it and even then sometimes it will still respond. I think you might have an internal hardware problem. i dont even think replacing the screen will help. If you want to attemp it you can order your own screes for 19.00 or sen it off for 43 buit that is a screen change only. It would not guarantee to fix your problem

Thanks

hmmm...
    btw, its not just me with the prob.
    apparently, many others have got this thing going on....hmmm....apple strategy or sumthing :P
    anyways, my problem is the same as this one:

YouTube - ipod touch touch screen not working

@shawnroof: thanks dude, i'll see to it.

Thanks

Default It worked!!
    It worked!! i tried it. i let the battery die and left as it is for 1-2 days! it worked at first, but then shortly i got the same problem again after 2-3 hours of its operation.

then i left it to its fate!! took it out today, battery was dead obviously, now i charged it again...after like 20 days or so, and its working pretty well now. I hope it stays this way.

thanks man!