Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade Firmware 3.1.3 on 3rd gen

Unhappy Downgrade Firmware 3.1.3 on 3rd gen
    Well my hard drive came loose and had a friend repair it but when he did he updated to 3.1.3. and i lost blackra1n and cant get in running again. Please someone let me know a way to downgrade back to 3.1.2 again ive tried a downloading the ipsw but when i try to restore it always says not available for this build. Please let me know
    thanks alot

I have IPod Touch 3gen 8GB (MC)
    Yesterday I was forced to restore FM,but unfortunately the IP upgraded to 3.1.3
    I Tried downgrade to 3.1.2 by many ways, but after nearly 15h I'm totally frustrated! ;(
    Can someone help me how to downgrade and jailbreak my Ipod?
    Thanks and sorry for my english

Default Doesn't work
    Tried, I still keep hitting the server error message.

does this work on the 3rd gen itouch? where do you download 3.1.2? thanks

Do not work on 3g :/

I have the same problem.- Help, please!

iPhone? More like MyPhone jbone1337's Avatar
    Thanks

i believe that if you upgraded to 3.1.3 its impossible to go back or jailbreak atleast for now. But how knows when someone will make a JB for 3.1.3.

I have heard you can edit the hosts file on your computer to trick itunes and instead of going to apples server, it goes to cydia's server allowing you to downgrade firmware properly.(havent tried it, dont really understand how to do it exactly, only read it in other posts).

But other then that your basically screwed D:
    OpenFient/Any other gametype: JBone1337

Yes, I have tried downgrade by editing the hosts file, but it didn't work.

I think also with 3.1.3 upgrade and iPod touch 2G MC-model is imposible by now. I hope someone can make a new tool for us.

Mind giving me the steps to edit the hosts file? I'd like to give that a try... Please and thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have the same problem with u, i accidentally upgraded 3.1.1 to 3.1.3.. my model is A1318. anyone know what to do?
    Last edited by myxmylife; 02-09-2010 at 02:45 AM.

You could try this: How to downgrade from 3.1.1 and get back to 3.0

Not sure if it will work, but it is worth a try.

Damn Apple.

Good Luck, hope you can get back to 3.1.2. Let me know if you have any success.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Game2Freak For This Useful Post:

ariel22 (03-10-2010), myxmylife (02-09-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thx Game2Freak!! il drop by later and p0st here if i succeeded!

oh. i forgot 2 tell that mine is : 3G iTouch 64GB version 3.1.3 model A1.

i hope it'l work.

IT didnt work!!
    Last edited by myxmylife; 02-09-2010 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It worka on all iPoda iphones except itouch 2g(mc series) ,itouch 3g and iPhone 3gs.
    There i no solution for our problem. Everything what we fan do now is waiting for jailbreak 3.1.3 (3g itouch, 3gs)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

it doesnt work on my 3G iTouch 64gb firmware:3.1.3 model A1318..

@averan. do u know any method or way?

There is no solution...sorry...it is possible only if you have saved you ssh (or something like that) on cydia servers. You should did that before upgrading to 3.1.2. There is no solution if you didnt do that bedore upgrading.

Thanks

i just had possible good idea in theory(thought of it when replying to someone else post).

Ok so when you restore/update fw itunes connects to apples server correct? thats the whole point of changing host files ect..

Has anyone tried unplugging/disabling their internet lol? cant connect to distant hosts w/o the internet lol
    Not sure if itunes version would play any part in it.(if you will need 9.0.2.25 or newest one will work).

EDIT: step by step process

-Download the 3.1.2 firmware.
    -Uninstall itunes 9.0.3(or w/e new one is)
    -Download earlier version(though i did a google search and couldn't find previous versions so i uploaded my 9.0.2.25 HERE)
    -Since itunes connects to apples servers or w/e, after you download itunes+firmware disconnect your internet.
    -Then install itunes
    -Then connect your idevice, open itunes.
    -I would suggest putting device in DFU mode.
    -Then shift-click restore and point it to the 3.1.2 firmware.

Lemee know if that works ^^
    since i have itouch 3g still running 3.1.2 firmware i dont wanna risk losing it. But if you are already on 3.1.3 you dont really have anything to lose >.>
    Last edited by jbone1337; 02-09-2010 at 02:25 PM.

I have the newest version of iTunes and disabling the Internet cause a message that I must be connected to the Internet. I dont know if your method with older version of iTunes worka. I will check that later.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by averan21 View Post
    I have the newest version of iTunes and disabling the Internet cause a message that I must be connected to the Internet. I dont know if your method with older version of iTunes worka. I will check that later.
    hmmm, that makes no sense. What if you actualy didnt have internet how could you restore your ipod? O.o

i guess try the version posted or you might have to try even earlier version. Wonder what the latest version of itunes that comes on computers by default? Because if bought a computer and it had itunes on it, and had no internet, they have to let you to be able to restore -.-

I touch is for users who have Internet. This idea is good for Apple but sick for us. I Was searching in the Internet about 20h. There is no solution for my problem. I must waiting for jb.(or sell my Itouch) i read somewere that instaling other version of iTunes dont do anything , but. I will try

Hey,

You might be able to restore to 3.1.2 for a short amount of time. I noticed that after i updated to 3.1.3, my battery life had reduced. So i looked around and found that a lot of other's were having the same problem. I was just going to try to do a restore and set up as new ipod to try and take care of this problem, but just for the heck of it I told it to restore to 3.1.2 even though apple is no longer signing it. IT WORKED!! I am now running 3.1.2 down graded from 3.1.3 so you might be able to do a restore and get your jailbreak back.
    let me know if this works for you!

iPod and iPhone Firmware Download

select your firmware from that link above to download it, then try to restore to it (option+click, browse to firmware)

Twitter: @tshoults

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast