+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak 3G 64gb Ipod Touch MC Model?

is a discussion within the

iPod Touch Jailbreak / Upgrade / Downgrade / Restore

forums, a part of the

iPod Touch

section;
Hi all, I am looking for confirmation that it is possible to jailbreak (with blackra1n) the Ipod Touch 3G 64gb with model number starting MC. I have read various forums
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Jailbreak 3G 64gb Ipod Touch MC Model?
    Hi all,

I am looking for confirmation that it is possible to jailbreak (with blackra1n) the Ipod Touch 3G 64gb with model number starting MC. I have read various forums and got conflicting answers, some people say all MC models cant be jailbroken whereas some say its only the 8gb model. Has anyone had success in jailbreaking a 32gb or 64gb MC model?

Cheers.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jeckel's Avatar
    Thanks

As far as I know, there isn't an issue. There hasn't been massive changes to the new iPod Touches from the last versions (unlike the difference between 1st generation and 2nd), and it should be just fine. If things do go wrong, you can always restore.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Worked OK for me
    I have a 64gb Ipod Touch 3G (MC serial) and the latest RC3 Blackra1n release worked fine for me. It is tethered, but I haven't had any problems at all.

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheCrow13's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jabawokie View Post
    I have a 64gb Ipod Touch 3G (MC serial) and the latest RC3 Blackra1n release worked fine for me. It is tethered, but I haven't had any problems at all.

Not to say how new you are but there is (NO) jailbreak for any iPod Touch 3G (MC) model at all, no tethered or of any kind!! Why do members insist on spreading false hope, if you (think) you have a 3G (MC) model than your confused and look it up again all over the internet and maybe show your Settings/About area of your device and prove it! The only thing out there that is commented on is (GreenPoison) and it is not for certain going to be for sure, since Geohot decided to divert his ambitions on messing with the PS3??? So until than, please stop spreading such words here or anywhere not cool! I have the iPod Touch 3G/32gb model (MC) and have been through all this so called jailbreak with Blackra1n RC3 and RC2, they do (NOT) work!
    Follow me on Twitter-Crow1372

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TheCrow13 For This Useful Post:

joepagiii (04-10-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default IPT3 w/ MC JB with blackrain also
    Yesterday a co-worker brought me his touch 3G with MC serial running 3.1.3. I told him not to expect anything but a restore back to 3.1.3.

I downloaded factory firmware 3.1.2
    shift + restore in iTunes
    ipod restored back to 3.1.2(yes, Apple approved ???)
    proceeded to JB with blackrain
    It is a tethered JB

Everything is working perfectly.

Sorry to the haters
    Last edited by rp_mcmurphy78; 03-20-2010 at 02:04 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rp_mcmurphy78 View Post
    Yesterday a co-worker brought me his touch 3G with MC serial running 3.1.3. I told him not to expect anything but a restore back to 3.1.3.

I downloaded factory firmware 3.1.2
    shift + restore in iTunes
    ipod restored back to 3.1.2(yes, Apple approved ???)
    proceeded to JB with blackrain
    It is a tethered JB

Everything is working perfectly.

Sorry to the haters

This is from a Moderator here and he knows what is the truth and sorry to say you are mistaken and I have been around long enough and have tried all Blackra1n methods and it does (NOT) work!

Cerote

Device + Firmware: iPhone 3G[S] 3.1.2
    Operating System: OSX
    Send a message via AIM to cerote

When and if a jailbreak comes out it will be frontpage and even in the top of the forums (where it says Preorder iPad/Do not update). A lot of people still don't read sticky threads either. Front page news is where it will be when it comes. Even if there was a way it would be in an official guide in the guide section.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default okay
    Well, I must be mistaken. Or severly retarded. Which ever the case, you're right and i'm wrong. Please excuse my ignorence.

Thanks

I'm sorry if you (think) you have done this but from all members in the know like the Mod. in my post which you can find in the (All Forums) area under Jailbreaking/General area, than you will know that it is impossible now and your friend (must) have the 3G from December 2009 not Jan.2010 and after.

From another top member:

That guy probably confused the ipt3g with an ipt2g mc model. The ipt2g mc model can actually be shift-restored to without SHSHs stored.
    Last edited by TheCrow13; 03-20-2010 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default hmmm
    It's an Ipod Touch 3G w/ a MC serial. I'll try to get some pics tonight at work.

Thanks

All I can say is that your friends is most likely the model suggested above that is from before Jan.2010 and is not the ipt3g with the (new) model (MC) which has the new bandwidth issue, the ipt2g has the Cydia SSH info. needed in back up with firmware 3.1.2 which can be upgrade to 3.1.3 and than downgraded back to 3.1.2 so the new models of 3G are out with only the 3.1.3 (MC) model and that is it(sorry)

It's an Ipod Touch 3G w/ a MC serial. I'll try to get some pics tonight at work.

Dude your not understanding the difference between the 2 types of iPods, the one that is ipt2g and the ipt3g are totally different and they are a matter of months between them and you need to start reading on Google and just type in (Latest news on iPod Touch 3G (MC) model jailbreak) or go to the Chronic DevTeam blog or official sites and you will see for your self
    Last edited by TheCrow13; 03-20-2010 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default okay, okay
    please refer to reply title "okay"

Thanks

please refer to reply title "okay"

Dude I am not stupid and you need to start reading and understanding the difference between models, the ipt2g also came with the (MC) model and it is in the 32/64gb! I know what the title you wrote (Jailbreak 3G 64gb Ipod Touch MC Model) , so what and that just makes your case more unbelieveable and your just not getting it so I will leave you to your false news

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks, cause u were making me tired

Thanks

This will not work on the following iPods/iPhones (without ECID/SHSH sigs backed up)

- 3GS iPhone
    - 32GB 3G iPod Touch
    - 64GB 3G iPod Touch
    - 32GB 2G iPod Touch (later model, with the MC serial number)

For ALL other models, it will work without having your SHSH/ECID signatures backed up.

You needed to have the (ECID & SHSH) sigs. backed up for any of this to work and as you can see what this Mod. says that you can (NOT) do it on ipt3G (MC) models.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I thought I tould you to refer to previous reply. I said u were right and I was wrong, but that's just not good enough for u is it? Ur starting to get on my nerves. end of our little verbal masterbation.....done

Thanks

Sorry your just not smart enough to get it and continue with your little sarcastic comments like your right and don't want to believe anyone, like your little face characters!:

(So do I have to wait now??)

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Fruitless argument. We all know know he didn't get the one magical ipt3g that can be downgraded without SHSH. Just let it go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

rp_mcmurphy78 (03-20-2010), TheCrow13 (03-20-2010)

Thanks

McMurphy your not getting it(lol):

We all know know he didn't get the one magical ipt3g that can be downgraded without SHSH.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Fruitless argument. We all know know he didn't get the one magical ipt3g that can be downgraded without SHSH. Just let it go.

@Poseidon79, you know that the truth is the (fact) that it can not be done yet and it will be posted as all Mods. have said that it will be posted and be major news when it does come out right?
    Last edited by TheCrow13; 03-20-2010 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i agree with the crow there is no known jailbrake for those ipod touch series sorry

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

erm, sorry to break this. Apparently, i did made a tethered jailbreak on my friend's Ipod Touch 3G 32GB. I dunno how i did it, but the firmware is 3.1.2 which initially was 3.1.3. I can't remember how i did it as i jailbreaked it last month. Is it possible? Is it true to identify between ipt2g and ipt3g by looking the lines of word behind the ipt? ipt3g should have only 2 lines, right?