+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod Touch Troubleshooting

is a discussion within the

iPod Touch Jailbreak / Upgrade / Downgrade / Restore

forums, a part of the

iPod Touch

section;
I plugged it into iTunes. I clicked on restore and its telling me that i have to update my ipod 2g to 3.0. which i have already.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I plugged it into iTunes. I clicked on restore and its telling me that i have to update my ipod 2g to 3.0. which i have already.

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KingChilly View Post
    oh ok well i just have to do it again like you said. im only having this prob on 3.0. maybe when quickpwn comes out that will fix it?
    QuickPwn isn't coming out, now it's redsn0w. (which is out)
    Quote Originally Posted by V8HAHA View Post
    Put it into recovery mode and try again. If that doesn't work, then try DFU mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi, my iTouch just freezes on the Apple screen with the wheel and it just keeps restarting itself. I tried your example in the post but it still didn't work. I tried replacing with N4AP.plist with a new one but still NO LUCK (Maybe it's because I didn't know how to change the permission to 755, if anyone knows how to do that please set up an example for me). After that I tried removing the Apps I recently downloaded, and yet again, NO LUCK. I am in desperate need of help.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jeckel's Avatar
    Thanks

Restore. If you can't get the correct files replaced or removed, just restore; it will save you much trouble.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeckel For This Useful Post:

Voided (08-27-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I see, thanks for the help but I have one more question. I restored my Itouch but I ssh'd into my Itouch and went into private -> Var -> Mobile -> Applications (Where my apps are stored) and put it into my PC hoping when I restarted my Itouch I can just put them back into that directory, Yet they didn't show up even when I resprang it. Am I missing a step or is this just impossible?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi every1, I have a question: is it possible to sync my photos from my iPod touch to my PC? Because I recently reinstalled my comp, so all of my photos are gone, but they are on the ipod. I was thinking that I can send them via email but it would be a lot of time. Any ideas?
    And another thing: I cant install any apps from instal*ous, or even from Appstore. instal*ous writes an error message: Unable to find executable. I reinstalled instal*ous, even Cydia, still nothing. Appstore says it cant connect to iTunes... Im in need of help.
    Last edited by Davyje1; 08-30-2009 at 09:58 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The instalous would be because you probably have 2.0.3 and erica utilities upgrade which you shouldn't have gotten because they only work with the 3.0 OS. Downgrade it from their site: ********** 2.0.3 - ********* AND follow the instructions, if you don't get it then you probably shouldn't be doing this and the other way is to just use the dirty method of installing which can be found in the settings tab when you start up instalous. The app store doesn't work because you probably don't have a connection to the internet (sometimes it glitches and says you do but you really don't) just turn wifi off then on. It should work after that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well, im not that expert @ ipods, so i use the Dirty method, and it works!
    so thanks
    btw anyone know how to solve my other problem? I cant sync my photos from my ipod to my pc. would be great if I could do that.
    Last edited by Davyje1; 08-31-2009 at 07:41 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jeckel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Davyje1 View Post
    btw anyone know how to solve my other problem? I cant sync my photos from my ipod to my pc. would be great if I could do that.
    You have to put it into the correct file (it should be near where your Music, Videos and other iTunes related things should be, labeled "Photos").

My iPhone is a Part of Me Frostbite's Avatar
    over the hill across the river and through the candy cane forest
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by V8HAHA View Post
    So hold option and restore from the 3.0 IPSW file you have. NBD.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hello,

I'm new here and I have a problem. I have a jailbroken ipod Touch running 3.0 firmware. When downloading apps from Cydia, the icons are not showing up on my ipod. I go into Cydia and manage and I see that the apps are downloaded. Can anyone help with this problem? Thnx in advance!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to fbjunkee For This Useful Post:

Randycollado (10-19-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

It may not be an app, Look in the winterboard app, probably there.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi. Last time i jailbroke, i lost all my app data when I restored. How should i prevent this. I am running 3.0, wanting to upgrade/restore to 3.13 and re jailbreak. I have no pirated apps. HELP Yes I did back up.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy Help, "crash" issue
    Hi,

I'm new to the forums here, and find this place pretty cool, but was wondering if I could have some help.

Every time I boot my iPod Touch, I get the Apple logo, fine and dandy. After a few seconds, it shuts down. I've plugged it in via USB and through an AC Adapter, too. Even though it is supposed to automatically turn on, it shuts off after a few seconds. Is it a virus? Do I need a new battery? Anyone wanna help?

P.S, I'm running firmware 3.1.2, on Windows XP, with iTunes version 9 (I think). I used a blackra1n jailbreak.

I think that's it. Hope someone can get back to me soon. Thanks.

Green Apple
    Thanks

hi, i got a problem here with my itouch 3g. last night, i fell asleep with it on so i think it ran out of battery. anyway, when i woke up, it was off, and upon turning it on it went to the recovery screen (note: its blackra1ned on 3.1.2) and i ran blackra1n on it. geohot's picture came, went super bright, and the screen went black...it turned off. i turned it on again and tried again, but to no avail. please help me with this ASAP.

Green Apple
    Thanks

a week and no reply so imma hafta BUMP. sry but i havent been with my ipod for like a week and u guys are the fix

Green Apple
    Thanks

no reply.....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

how do i remove an app from cydia

Green Apple
    Thanks

cydia>manage>packages click on the app, then modify in the top right, then remove

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello all,

I have an iPod touch 2G that has been upgraded from 3.0 to 4.0 with Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5. Everything is working fantastic except for my Safari app. As soon as I launch it it begins to load (shows the normal Safari UI, but no url - everything is blank) but then crashes! I've been googling for help but can't seem to find anyone with the same situation. Is there an easy fix to try, or should I just try going back to the default 4.0 and redoing everything?

Thanks for any help or advice.