Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Questions about a 2.0 Jailbreak
08-28-2008, 11:00 AM #1Questions about a 2.0 Jailbreak
So I have a 1.1.4 iPod touch that is jailbroken. Only problem is that I have no idea which program I used to do it. I got a program from a friend. All I had to do was double click the program and the cmd console opened up, started doing its thing and then my iPod was jailbroken about 10 seconds later. What program did I use?
Now, I really want access to the AppStore. I know the method for jailbreaking 2.0 is slightly more complicated at this point. Can I expect a one-stop solution for 2.0 in the reasonable future?
I am really uninformed when it comes to jailbreaking. Here are a few potential moronic questions regarding the Winpwn/Quickpwn Solution:
1. Will I have access to the Appstore?
2. Can I use themes and custom backgrounds with the jailbreak? I'm looking for something like summerboard.
3. Are past themes compatible with 2.0?
4. Will the installer be present when I Jailbreak?
Thanks for anyone who can offer some feedback.
08-28-2008, 11:09 AM #2
I'm not sure which you used in which all you had to do was open the program (others require you to at least check some things off). There is something similar to a one-step (though it isn't) called XiPhone (not affiliated with ZiPhone), that will allow you to just click a few buttons and let it run it's course.
Answers to you questions:
2. Yes, but this time it's called 'Winterboard'
3. Not all of them, but there is now a good amount
4. If you so choose. Currently, the 2.x Installer (v4) is a beta, which means it's still quite buggy (almost to the point of unusable to some people) and there aren't that many repos that will work. You should put on Cydia (along with Installer if you want) as it is more stable and currently has more apps and tweaks than Installer (in 2.x)