Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't sync music after 1.1.3 update

Default Can't sync music after 1.1.3 update
    After I updated and jailbroke my touch, whenever I go into iTunes, it recognizes my ipod but just keeps asking me if I want to purchase the software package. I hit no thanks but will not let me sync or put anything on my ipod. Don't really know what to do here as it lets me click on my ipod on the left hand side but will not let me see anything other than the software update screen. Anyone else have this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by kicks26 View Post
    After I updated and jailbroke my touch, whenever I go into iTunes, it recognizes my ipod but just keeps asking me if I want to purchase the software package. I hit no thanks but will not let me sync or put anything on my ipod. Don't really know what to do here as it lets me click on my ipod on the left hand side but will not let me see anything other than the software update screen. Anyone else have this problem?
    I got this too and it has me FURIOUS, but I found a fix. Disconnect from the internet and it cannot access the store so it goes back to normal. Works only if you disconnect before you plug your pod in. Good luck.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to directive0 For This Useful Post:

usedtobeanother (02-13-2008)

Same here but to u guys have any ideas on how to get it jailbroken??? I was doing the 1.1.3 downgrade from ipodyouchmaster and I couldn't get anywhere past the first step because entertecovery doesn't seem to be working .... So i guess... I need/want some ideas...????
    aim: ryanalmightyy get at me

Awesome!!! Thanks for the tip on disconnecting from the internet. Now it works!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Smile Thank You!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by directive0 View Post
    I got this too and it has me FURIOUS, but I found a fix. Disconnect from the internet and it cannot access the store so it goes back to normal. Works only if you disconnect before you plug your pod in. Good luck.
    Thank you so much! I had the same problem.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

There is another way if you don't want to disconnect from the internet.

Have itunes open, connect the ipt, it will then say 'connecting to itunes store' in the top window, press the x on the right. This cancels the operation, job done.

Much easier if you happen to be using the internet at the time.

Default try this
    I have a 3g and I had a problem showing over 9gb of other when I synced and showed I had no space for my music which got erased from my Iphone. I had to SSH and go into /private/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_control folder and then in Music folder and erase all folders in there. It fixed my storage and put my other into 1 gb but then when I tried to resync my music it would only sync contacts, bookmarks but no music it would show sync complete even though i had plenty of storage for music. so I had to go to task manager and end itunes.exe and ituneshelper.exe process then restart Itunes. I synced again and my music started syncin. I hope this helps.