Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP!! How 2 UPGRADE FIRMWARE FM FIRWARE 1.1.4 TO 2.01 ON UNLOCKED iPhone

Red face HELP!! How 2 UPGRADE FIRMWARE FM FIRWARE 1.1.4 TO 2.01 ON UNLOCKED iPhone
    Am in Australia I bought on Ebay an unlocked iPhone ver 1.1.4 firmware. Came from Hong Kong. When I connect to i tunes it tries to upgrade to firmware 2.01

When I bought the phone was advised not to upgrade coz it will get locked again.

Can I and if so how do I upgrade firmware to 2.01 then unlock so I can use on multiple networks.. can this be done???

Appreciate any help that can be offered

Mike

You can unlock whenever you want. Now, yes, when you upgrade, you will loose your jailbroken and unlock status, but it is in no way irreversable.

Ahhhh OK... so after upgrade to 2.01 I just get an unlock program and follow instructions to unlock yeah?? Forgive me but what does Jailbreak / Jailbroken mean???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesherwood View Post
    Ahhhh OK... so after upgrade to 2.01 I just get an unlock program and follow instructions to unlock yeah?? Forgive me but what does Jailbreak / Jailbroken mean???
    It is free from the grips of apple and open to user developed apps. fun for free= TOTAL WIN!
    Click the thanks button when I help!
    THANK YOU!