Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ipod touch stuck in connect to itunes screen? PLease help!

Exclamation Ipod touch stuck in connect to itunes screen? PLease help!
    Ipod touch stuck in connect to itunes screen?
    Guys i have a serious problem. I have this friends 8GB ipod touch who asked me to jailbreak it (i have an iphone and know what to do)..

I used iLiberty+ to try to do it. It did it fine, but now when ever i try to use it all it does is be stuck in the screen where it shows the usb chord with an arrow to itunes.

However when i plug it into itunes all i get is the message, "iTunes could not connect to the ipod "" because an unknown error occured (0xE 8000022)". Guys please just help me i have tried restarting my ipod but it just does the same thing..

any help would be appreciated and its kind of urgent.. Thanks!

Try to put it in DFU mode:
    -Power and Home button for 10 seconds (exactly)
    -Release the power button until it's seen by the computer
    See if that works

Also, what is the version the iPod is on?

But i thought that when you went into DFU mode you couldn't get back out.. only by restoring.. or not? Thats another problem.. I didn't bother to check what firmware version it is..

arent you talking about recovery mode there? yeah it reads that
    Last edited by Master Luke; 07-29-2008 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Well, judging by what's going on, you are going to have to restore, so just do it and get it over with (they'll just have to put everything back on), and judging by what your goal is, why not hit two birds with one stone! Download a custom firmware made from Pwnage and just use that to restore that iPod, and you'll have it running, and jailbroken! (Sorry, can't find a link right now, the site I used isn't up)

By the way, Restore IS NOT the same as DFU, thought the outcome is the same (restored iPod), restore mode is a simple way to 'reset' the iPod; DFU redoes the iPod, meaning all software is erased then written over (some one correct me if I'm wrong, I'm winging it), so you can put things on it without the iPod reacting sourly.
    Last edited by Jeckel; 07-29-2008 at 06:35 PM.

OK thanks! one last thing do you have any idea were I can get the 2.0 firmware from? As my itunes store isn't working due to a network problem..

and would u even recommend it?
    Last edited by Master Luke; 07-29-2008 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

If you want just the 2.0 software, click here
    If you want Pwned 2.0 software, click here
    Last edited by Jeckel; 07-29-2008 at 06:48 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeckel For This Useful Post:

Master Luke (07-29-2008)

Great! thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Master Luke View Post
    But i thought that when you went into DFU mode you couldn't get back out.. only by restoring.. or not?
    This is not true (at least somewhat). If you have working firmware (you didn't unplug your device mid-jailbreak or something stupid like that) then you can hold both the home and power buttons until it reboots (about 10 seconds) and be back to a working device. I only know this because I too at one point thought that I had bricked it with the 2.0 firmware.

Default Please help!!
    I have a similar problem. My ipod touch is stuck at the connector and itunes logo. When I connect my ipod to my usb belkin connector my computer or itunes doesn't detect it, so I can't restore back to factory settings and I tried holding down the sleep button and the home for 10 secs to go into dfu mode and it just shuts off. The ipod is an 8gb jailbroken 1.1.2. I tried connecting to different usb ports, upgraded itunes, the only thing I think of is belkin connector I just bought a day ago. I haven't used until I was faced with this problem. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Doesn't sound like you really went into DFU mode.
    You have to turn off your iPod, THEN do the 10 seconds both, then the home button. Your iPod screen should be black when iTunes detects it.

actually I did that literally like 10 times and nothing happened.. wierd but oh well.. i restored it and all is ok now..

Jeckel your links are warez

They are? If so, I'm sorry if there's something wrong with them, it wasn't intentional for it to be warez.

They are because the ipod touch firmware 2.0 is $10 through itunes, so they are technically pirated. MMI doesn't like that.

I have a 2007 iPod Touch and I'm using linux ubuntu 8.1.04. I can't seem to get it to mount. when i run lsusb, it shows the ipod as this
    Bus 001 Device 010: ID 05ac:1281 Apple Computer, Inc.
    I have a 4 port usb device plugged in and the ipod is in the 4th slot. can someone please show me how to mount it?

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jeckel View Post
    By the way, Restore IS NOT the same as DFU, thought the outcome is the same (restored iPod), restore mode is a simple way to 'reset' the iPod; DFU redoes the iPod, meaning all software is erased then written over (some one correct me if I'm wrong, I'm winging it), so you can put things on it without the iPod reacting sourly.
    Restore mode just skims all of the stuff that you have put on the device (Music, pictures, videos).
    DFU stands for Device Firmware Upgrade mode. It completely removes everything off of the device. Like, everything, literally. There is no software on your device after a DFU mode restore at all. There's only hardware. Your device is literally dead until restore in iTunes, which will put new firmware on it. In case anyone was lacking some geekspeak. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Default I have the same prob please help
    I have the same problem.. my itunes doesnt reconize, ive tried everything can some one please help me

Can anyone help me? I have a similar problem. I have a 16G iPod Touch and today I plugged it into the computer and I tried to update the software. Now I'm stuck on the connect to iTunes screen and everytime I try to reset and think I'm getting somewhere, the "Found New Hardware" Wizard appears asking me to insert a disc, which I dont have, hence I get a message telling me my hardware isnt working properply. Really worried and any help would be much appreciated.

i have iTunes 9, iPod Touch 16g, on iTunes i only have ipod2,1_2.2.1_5H11a_Restore.ipsw. I am stuck in Restore mode....i clicked SHIFT+restore and it extract the softwares when it's done i can here ding sounds like the ipod is going in and our of iTunes, well it says "waiting for ipod" and the progess bar is full and nothing is happening for 3hrs so far. Noting just stuck there. What am i doing wrong?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast