Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: **IF** I upgraded to 1.1.3, how can you jail back to 1.1.2 on a 1.1.2 Out of the Box?

Default **IF** I upgraded to 1.1.3, how can you jail back to 1.1.2 on a 1.1.2 Out of the Box?
    The jailbreak process has you downgrade to 1.1.1, then oktoprep, bla bla bla, then "update" to 1.1.2.

Won't the update on 1.1.1, update you straight to 1.1.3 now, instead of updating to 1.1.2?....

So how could you get back to 1.1.2 from 1.1.1?

Just curious. I really don't plan on updating to 1.1.3 until it's jail broken, but I would like to try out the new gps feature compared to the Navizon.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

If you upgrade to 1.1.3, your stuck and screwed because there is also NO downgrade method out yet.

However, going from 1.1.2 - 1.1.1 and back to 1.1.2 can still be done using the shift-upgrade button method.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    If you upgrade to 1.1.3, your stuck and screwed because there is also NO downgrade method out yet.

However, going from 1.1.2 - 1.1.1 and back to 1.1.2 can still be done using the shift-upgrade button method.

If you upgrade to 1.1.3, you can't restore to 1.1.1, or 1.1.2?... using shift restore?

No you cant thats what happend to me. I had to Restore my touch and and auto upgrades to 1.1.3 if you have it. There is now way I have found Yet for a touch and I have searched the Internet everywhere so I can wait to get some nice jailbreak 1.1.3 .

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

The reason you cant downgrade, besides the fact that you will probably brick your phone at this point, is because Apple upgrades the baseband version also with every firmware version.........so, even if you were able to downgrade (which you cant right now) the iphone would not work as a phone because of the baseband, you would have NO connectivity.

**IF**

look do you want your apps or do you want no apps and some eyecandy. I hate theses threads.

Quote Originally Posted by medafor View Post
    **IF**

look do you want your apps or do you want no apps and some eyecandy. I hate theses threads.
    And I hate trolls like you that *Hate* threads like this so much but still find time to click it, read it, AND find time to post their distaste for someone's inquiry.

Nobody cares if you DO or DON'T like it. Don't read it if you don't like it.

----------

Side note... why wouldn't it be possible to downgrade the baseband firmware back to 1.1.2?...

Thanks

Because YOU CAN'T

Just trying to help you stop posting dumb ****.

Quote Originally Posted by medafor View Post
    Just trying to help you stop posting dumb ****.
    Huh... then who's going to help you?

Perhaps you should analyze your own posts huh?