Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Newbie questions about Jailbreaking

Default Newbie questions about Jailbreaking
    Hi all...Just got my cool new iPhone about a week ago with v1.1.2. I have a few questions about this term "jealbreaking" Im sure its on this forum somewhere but cannot seem to find it. So here I go.

I figured as much that is allows you to add additional applications to the phone that are not supported by apple. Correct? And if so, where can i get these apps?

If I decided to Jailbreak my phone, once v1.1.3 comes out, will my phone be disabled, "bricked" or in other words F-ed up?

What other benifits to jailbreaking is there other then additional apps.

The phone is already activated with AT&T. Is jailbreaking going to be an issue?

Those are the only questions i have for right now. Any suggestions?

--Thanks a Million for all your help guys / gals!

if you have windows this is your guide if mac than there should be a sticky at the top of the jailbreak section
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15669

With jailbreaking you unlock alot of the potential that the iphone has through apps via installer

when 1.1.3 comes just don't update and you won't have a problem i shut auto-update off.

Yep, don't update. I had to wait a week before I could get my iphone back working. I didn't unlock, just jailbreak so I could load software on it. Live and learn, and of course auto update is turned off.
    Last edited by kys; 01-04-2008 at 05:38 PM.