Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: downgrading errors

Unhappy downgrading errors
    Just recently I got a brand new ipod touch and made the mistake of updating to 1.1.2, and now I cannot downgrade. I know full well how, but the firmware files come up with error messages when installed. I have gotten 5, 6, and 1611 so far. Anyone in the same boat?

Hi and sorry I have n answer to your question / but wonder how you picked the iphone1.1.1 3A109a_Restore.ipsw folder in the restore prosess . I cant it just take me further inside the map ????

Quote Originally Posted by kyrrefritzner View Post
    Hi and sorry I have n answer to your question / but wonder how you picked the iphone1.1.1 3A109a_Restore.ipsw folder in the restore prosess . I cant it just take me further inside the map ????
    Windows: Hold the shift key and click restore
    Mac: Hold the option key and click restore

Do not unzip the 1.1.1 file after you download it. When you click restore when holding whatever key pertains to you above, you will be prompted with a file window to select the fimware you downloaded. Simply click on the zip file and it will start the restoring process.

Hope this helps.

*Just a sidenote, start a new thread the next time you have a question instead of posting in someone elses. That is how threads get so off topic.