+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP!!!!! desperate!!!

is a discussion within the

iPod Touch Jailbreak / Upgrade / Downgrade / Restore

forums, a part of the

iPod Touch

section;
I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP!!! I bought my iPhone already unlocked and running on firmware 1.0.2 and i have just joined this forum because i wanted to upgrade
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default HELP!!!!! desperate!!!
    I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP!!!

I bought my iPhone already unlocked and running on firmware 1.0.2 and i have just joined this forum because i wanted to upgrade to firmware 1.1.1 so i downloaded iDemocracy 2 for windows and I tried to virginize my iPhone and it would not work (this was before i realized there was an update that fixed this) I used the short method and i downloaded and installed firmware 1.1.1 before i virginized and i do not have an AT&T sim because i live outside the U.S. and i cannot activate it.

There is a fuction on iDemocracy that activates it but it does not work i get this error message every time:

It seems your jailbreak attempt has failed

You probably wernt able to download the jailbreak URL

Do you think this is because i didnt virginize if so how to i go backwards and do so >>??????

I WILL BE VERRRYY greatful for help.

upinnnn
    Last edited by billll; 12-30-2007 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone luistohe123's Avatar
    Thanks

So you say you are currently in 1.1.1? on activation screen?
    well then now you have to jailbreak it
    download CARNAVAL from the download section

3. The Following User Says Thank You to luistohe123 For This Useful Post:

billll (12-31-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

^ thanks that was pretty much all i needed i thought that i bricked it for a second lol

accept now when i try to run anySim i get an error message saying
    anySim cannot unlock this phone once anySim closes reboot the iPhone and try again

How can i fix that ??

thankz again

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by billll View Post
    I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP!!!

I bought my iPhone already unlocked and running on firmware 1.0.2 and i have just joined this forum because i wanted to upgrade to firmware 1.1.1 so i downloaded iDemocracy 2 for windows and I tried to virginize my iPhone and it would not work (this was before i realized there was an update that fixed this) I used the short method and i downloaded and installed firmware 1.1.1 before i virginized and i do not have an AT&T sim because i live outside the U.S. and i cannot activate it.

There is a fuction on iDemocracy that activates it but it does not work i get this error message every time:

It seems your jailbreak attempt has failed

You probably wernt able to download the jailbreak URL

Do you think this is because i didnt virginize if so how to i go backwards and do so >>??????

I WILL BE VERRRYY greatful for help.

upinnnn
    I recomend you to try to downgrade again to 1.0.2 with iDemocracy, don't do the virginize thing again, its not virgin anymore. Downgrade to 1.0.2 with iDemocracy, following the instructions on the screen, do not do the short mode, it sometimes crash the iphone, do the long mode and wait, it gonna take more time but you should be fine.

And very important, try to stay on firmware 1.0.2 you are not missing nothing, actually you have many applications that can emulate the functions of the other firmwares. Sometimes the last thing is not the best thing. I was on firmware 1.1.1 and I downgrade to 1.0.2 because 1.1.1 runs unstable. If you need more help you can contact me.

I forgot, when you finish, you can now activate your iphone with activate 1.0.2 button and unlock your sim if its not unlocked yet.
    Last edited by javiert30; 12-31-2007 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost