Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: is it worth updating to 1.1.2?

Default is it worth updating to 1.1.2?
    i'm currently on 1.1.1 . beside allowing you edit the calendar (which was hacked so long ago) can someone tell what 1.1.2 holds from the previous version?

thx.
    "absorb what is useful..." - bruce lee

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Custom ringtones are real easy when using itunes 7.5. Just rename the m4a to m4r and they show and sync via itunes to the phone.

The upgrade was very easy, I just did a full restore to 1.1.1 and when to jailbreakme.com to get installer back. Then loaded oktoprep and then did the 'update' to 1.1.2. Then was able to use the 1.1.2 jailbreak no problem. I think many problems are people are doing a restore and loading 1.1.2 after the oktoprep, and that will not work.

Edit: Nevermind....just noticed this was the Touch forum....... ::: slips out back door quietly while covering his face :::
    Last edited by PhoneLine; 11-25-2007 at 11:18 AM.

Thanks
    well i jailbroke my 1.1.2 by doing to 1.1.1 first doing the steps needed and its faster with .2 they overclocked the cpu to 412mhz compared to the stock 400mhz and they incresed the bus speed by only 3mhz but still its faster and the apps dont crash as much, the battery status is seen in the ipod device window next to the name of your ipod, i wanted a faster speed so thats why i updated it and you can verifiy the Overclock with system info before and after

There really is no reason not to. The popular apps are now mostly compatible with 1.1.2.