Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: itouch stuck on boot screen

Default itouch stuck on boot screen
    Ok so my ipod just before this was working fine. I installed the one app Intelliscreen didn't like it so i went into winscp to uninstall it. Why I didn't uninstall it with installer is now becoming a "punch myself in the face" situation. So after getting rid of the app I restarted my ipod. came up nice and i went into installer to see if it was gone...nope, so i clicked on it to uninstall it and got an error(i think it was a cannot execute this kind of error). then I wondered why...went in through winscp to find any remnants of the app and i did deleted it and a few other leftovers from previous apps. Went to restart my ipod and it got stuck on the boot up black and silver apple screen. Just sat there. I connected it to my computer and it recognized it, Winscp still did too so does iPhoneBrowser. I restarted it some more times, and put it into DFU mode, and took it out, nothing. And after awhile(several minutes) of having it plugged into my computer(recognized) the screen would blink once and it would disconnect, and still be stuck on the boot screen. I've only waited for it to do this once though, I if it will repeat that blink step.

Any ideas would help. I can even try putting thing in through winscp or iphonebrowser. Thanks inadvance. I'll restore it if I have to. T.T

Ninja

iPhone? More like MyPhone bomiz96's Avatar
    Thanks

Heres What you do. While its stuck at the boot screen, Hold the Power and Home button for about 30 seconds Until the Please Connect to iTunes screen comes up. If your Own windows Press Shift on the restore or update button. Look for your 1.1.4 Firmware. Click on it and wait for the process. If you get error whens its finished, you can Download iBrickr v.91. After you download it, Connect your itouch/iphone and open ibrickr. Since your itouch is in recovery mode theres two options ibrickr gives you. Click Boot my ipod. and if your screen turns green just leave it there and let it boot

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bomiz96 For This Useful Post:

Yeti Ninja (05-25-2008)

So this will restore it? or just get it passed the boot screen? or both? Does it matter if I used iLiberty+ to jailbreak it? Sorry for all the questions.

Ninja
    Last edited by Yeti Ninja; 05-25-2008 at 07:44 PM.

Thanks

both

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bomiz96 For This Useful Post:

Yeti Ninja (05-25-2008)

so only hope is to restore? ok...bummer...

Thanks

Yea Sorry About You Having to Restore. Theres a BackUp That Came out so it should be a good idea to back up your itouch before this happens again.

About Jailbreaking it Doesn't Really matter who you basicly use.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bomiz96 For This Useful Post:

Yeti Ninja (05-25-2008)

wait do i have to put it into DFU mode, or since itunes still recognizes it for some reason can i just shift click the normal restore button? since it cuts out sometimes to be safe should i put it in DFU mode?

Thanks

Have You Already Tried Recovery Mode?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bomiz96 For This Useful Post:

Yeti Ninja (05-25-2008)

I've put it into DFU mode then taken it out. nothing happened. It just keeps connecting and disconnecting from itunes every few mins. even lastfm recognizes my ipod cause i had mobilescrobbler on it...so weird...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bomiz96 View Post
    Heres What you do. While its stuck at the boot screen, Hold the Power and Home button for about 30 seconds Until the Please Connect to iTunes screen comes up. If your Own windows Press Shift on the restore or update button. Look for your 1.1.4 Firmware. Click on it and wait for the process. If you get error whens its finished, you can Download iBrickr v.91. After you download it, Connect your itouch/iphone and open ibrickr. Since your itouch is in recovery mode theres two options ibrickr gives you. Click Boot my ipod. and if your screen turns green just leave it there and let it boot
    read on how to put it in recovery mode manually and try that

15. The Following User Says Thank You to bomiz96 For This Useful Post:

Yeti Ninja (05-25-2008)

oh yah i can put it into recovery mode easily...ill try restoring it now...ill post how it goes...just give me a couple minutes. ^.^
    -------------------------------AFTER RESTORE----------------------------------------
    WOOOOO ok my worst nightmare have now become nothing but well nothing! Thank you so much for the help Bomiz!!!! Ok i restored it and i thought it would be completely gone...but it came up with the back-up thing like you said! So i got all my notes and contacts and things back, i just have to reload my music and vids. Oh and re-jailbreak it of coarse ^.^. wooooo ok I've learned my lesson...
    Again thank you so much!!!!!!

Ninja
    Last edited by Yeti Ninja; 05-25-2008 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Yay 1337 back-ups! ^.^

Thanks

No Problem Dude im Glad to Help!!! Be Shire to Give a Thanks if I helped you out or donate

18. The Following User Says Thank You to bomiz96 For This Useful Post:

Yeti Ninja (05-25-2008)

Yup i thanked you all i think i could've...oh and when i re jail broke it with an updated version of iLiberty+ it had a differant version on installer called "Cydia" Looks pertty cool. working great. ^.^
    Thanks again!!!!

Ninja ^.^

ok sorry to open this wonderful thing back up but i think that this is the closest situation to mine that i have found so far. i am having a really bad issue with my ipod. to start off i jailbroke it using ziphone. it has worked just fine for me. the one thing that really stuck out about this post is that i also installed that intellescreen app and could not get rid of it. i also restarted my ipod and thus led me into this crap hole im in now. when i turn on my ipod, there is no back light at all. once the apple logo stays on for a moment it goes to the connect to itunes thing. then suddenly it shuts itself off and goes back to the apple logo... then back to the connect to itunes thing again. i have tried everything. i promise. i have tried restoring with all firmwares and it always fails. if i leave the pod plugged in, it goes into an endless loop of connecting and unconnecting. what i think i need is some kind of utility that will COMPLETELY wipe my pod clean, and im not talking about dfu either. i mean a complete wipe out. i really need some help with this and would appreciate everything that anyone can do for me. thanks

wtf is rong with my itouch

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow that is a really helpful post right there ^^^ *rolls eyes*. Here is how you fix it, and what causes it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Default a little problem...
    so, yeah i had a jailbroken ipod for a long time and didn`t had a problem for a long time, but recently, my cydia had to update, and i thought, "oh ok just another meaningless update just to keep things working" well... this update gave me some bs that was supposed to connect to itunes or something, well it didnt work so then my ipod couldn`t connect/show up/sync, so fml. after a while i noticed that it charged when plugged in but no sync, so i went into my settings and found the clear all data and settings button and thought, "oh this must be like reseting an ipod on itunes but from the ipod its self" so being the idiot i am i pressed it and.....all that happens is that its a repetitive cycle of the powering on screen(since i used greenpois0n) it shows the apple sign spinning and turning into the greenpois0n picture and i tried to do the thing where you hold the sleep and home buttons together and it just restarts the cycle. H E L P. please?