+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: jailbreak without wi-fi?

is a discussion within the

iPod Touch Jailbreak / Upgrade / Downgrade / Restore

forums, a part of the

iPod Touch

section;
Hey, im new in this forum so first.. HELLO! I got a problem. I wanted to jailbreak my iTouch and than I found out that I have to go in
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default jailbreak without wi-fi?
    Hey,
    im new in this forum so first.. HELLO!
    I got a problem. I wanted to jailbreak my iTouch and than I found out that I have to go in the internet with my Touch to do that
    I dont have a wireless lan network so I cant go in the internet! Just my neighbours have wireless lan but I dont know their password xD
    Is there any other way to jailbreak the Touch without going in the internet?

Thx for every help =)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Stealth1029's Avatar
    Thanks

You only need Wi-Fi once, find a hot-spot somewhere like in mcDonalds, then connect to jailbreakme.com, do what you need to, then just go back home, and be happy

pqn
    Green Apple
    Thanks

I have a simillar problem but my iphone has locket me out of the wifi settings. Meaning that it will not let my click on the wifi settings. Any help I will love. Thank You for any help!!!!!!!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

But in a tut it says that i have to tipe in the ip and stuff like that =O
    how should that work? if i am @ home again and dont have wifi and my ipod is not connected to he internet ?? =O

no ideas?! anybody?
    Last edited by Nosh; 11-14-2007 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

It'd be possible to do without having wifi at home, but you would'nt be able to do much with it, installer.app uses wifi to connect to the internet. you need it to jailbreak in the first place, and then without wifi you can't ssh to it or ftp files onto it, so it isn't a lot of use unless you have some good friends whose internets you can borrow... often...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pqn View Post
    I have a simillar problem but my iphone has locket me out of the wifi settings. Meaning that it will not let my click on the wifi settings. Any help I will love. Thank You for any help!!!!!!!!!!
    Locked you out of your WiFi? Is the option grayed out? I don't understand how that would happen. AT&T iPhone have EDGE locked out, but not WiFi.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosh View Post
    But in a tut it says that i have to tipe in the ip and stuff like that =O
    how should that work? if i am @ home again and dont have wifi and my ipod is not connected to he internet ?? =O

no ideas?! anybody?
    Heya, not sure what tut you're referring to, but your WiFi settings are automatically assigned when you connect to a wireless server. Also, you cannnot jailbreak your device without a WiFi connection.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 11-15-2007 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Of course HE CAN jailbreak his iphone WITHOUT wifi but only with 1.0.2 firmware with ibrckr pacay and other programs.