+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sucessful Jailbreak!

is a discussion within the

iPod Touch Jailbreak / Upgrade / Downgrade / Restore

forums, a part of the

iPod Touch

section;
After almost a month of pining after the iPhone's features and jailbroken 3rd party applications, I finally decided to take the leap on my IPT. Although I am familiar with
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Sucessful Jailbreak!
    After almost a month of pining after the iPhone's features and jailbroken 3rd party applications, I finally decided to take the leap on my IPT. Although I am familiar with using a command line, I instead decided to try touchfree 0.6 first and it worked like a charm.

I was quite nervous hearing of the potential problems, despite all being curable (so far that I know of?) but it works wonderfully. There are many guides out there to jailbreak your IPT in 75 steps (see the dev wiki) but I haven't seen much about the GUI jailbreaking. If there is interest, I'll post a link to a guide I'm working on for it. Nothing really that special but a compilation of links where I found specific files and a general how-to. I know if someone had that out there before this weekend it would have put my mind at ease knowing exactly what to do next. I mean, I'm comfortable enough with computers to figure it out but for most of us, screwing up a $300 or $400 tech toy is less than desirable and a walk-through could be helpful.

What do you think?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

ok