Results 1 to 18 of 18

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iPod touch battery percentage

  1. #1
    Default iPod touch battery percentage
    Hi, I have a 4th gen iPod touch running 5.1.1. I had jailbroken using jailbreakme back when I was running 4.3. I had downloaded a battery percentage indicator off cydia and it hasn't gone away after the update, which got rid of all other jailbreak features.

  2. #2
    Huh?
    Is there a problem?

    updating will remove the JB completely. If you haven't JB again under 5.1.1, no jailbreak features will remain from before. However, display in the status bar has changed since 4.3, so you may find that you can now get a numeric battery without jailbreak.

  3. #3
    Ok I was just wondering if it was a software glitch and I would have to do a system restore to bring it to apple.

  4. #4
    Yes, i believe it's in the settings on 5.1.1

    Open settings, go to general, go to Useage, scroll down to battery percentage, turn it on

  5. #5
    H4CK3R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Posts
    5,844
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 268 Times in 256 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by eddied316 View Post
    Yes, i believe it's in the settings on 5.1.1

    Open settings, go to general, go to Useage, scroll down to battery percentage, turn it on
    This applies to iPhone's only. The iPod touch does not have this feature.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

  6. #6
    You people are thinking of iPhones...The iPod Touch does not have this feature

  7. #7
    H4CK3R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Posts
    5,844
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 268 Times in 256 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iPodTouch149 View Post
    You people are thinking of iPhones...The iPod Touch does not have this feature
    Parrot
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

  8. #8

  9. #9
    H4CK3R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Posts
    5,844
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 268 Times in 256 Posts

    You copied my post.

    Parrot, copies what you say.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

  10. #10
    Sug Luv Super Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,059
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    Really guys git over it guys back to topic.

  11. #11
    Ight whatever....that's really weird on what cydia package did u get the battery percentage?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by iPodTouch149 View Post
    Ight whatever....that's really weird on what cydia package did u get the battery percentage?
    I think it was SBSETTINGS.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by iPodtouch551 View Post
    Hi, I have a 4th gen iPod touch running 5.1.1. I had jailbroken using jailbreakme back when I was running 4.3. I had downloaded a battery percentage indicator off cydia and it hasn't gone away after the update, which got rid of all other jailbreak features.
    If, after you updated to 5.1.1, you restored your iPod touch from a backup, then the setting that says whether the battery percentage is shown was saved. It doesn't mean there was any problems.

  14. #14
    Wow well from what i kno SBSettings battery percentage is not gud because it tells u the incorrect percentage and it drains your battery even faster than normal for an ipod

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by iPodTouch149 View Post
    Wow well from what i kno SBSettings battery percentage is not gud because it tells u the incorrect percentage and it drains your battery even faster than normal for an ipod
    SBSettings may drain your battery faster than usual (I don't know, I don't use it), but the way the battery percentage is enabled by SBSettings is the same as the way it can be enabled in Settings -> General -> Usage on an iPhone or iPad. If the percentage seems incorrect, it is not because of SBSettings, it is just the way it is calculated.

  16. #16
    H4CK3R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Posts
    5,844
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 268 Times in 256 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurkeyFarmer View Post
    SBSettings may drain your battery faster than usual (I don't know, I don't use it), but the way the battery percentage is enabled by SBSettings is the same as the way it can be enabled in Settings -> General -> Usage on an iPhone or iPad. If the percentage seems incorrect, it is not because of SBSettings, it is just the way it is calculated.
    SBSettings does not drain battery.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    SBSettings does not drain battery.
    I wasn't saying it did. I was just saying that I did not know.

  18. #18
    H4CK3R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Posts
    5,844
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 268 Times in 256 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurkeyFarmer View Post
    I wasn't saying it did. I was just saying that I did not know.
    I know, I'm just clarifying that it does not drain battery
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •