+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Springboard Crashes Over & Over on 5.1.1

is a discussion within the

iPod Touch General Chat

forums, a part of the

iPod Touch

section;
Hello. I recently upgraded my iTouch to iOS 5.1.1 coming from 5.0.1. Ever since I upgraded (& Jailbroke using Absinthe) it has been having a severe crash problem. At first
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation Springboard Crashes Over & Over on 5.1.1
    Hello. I recently upgraded my iTouch to iOS 5.1.1 coming from 5.0.1. Ever since I upgraded (& Jailbroke using Absinthe) it has been having a severe crash problem. At first I didn't think much of it because I was used to seeing my iOS 4.2.1 iTouch crash about once each day. But now it has escalated to crashing about everytime i go to my springboard, which is ridiculous. I am at work right now, so I can't make a very detailed post, but if someone replies with help or assistance, I can follow up on it.
    Thanks for your time.
    ~Cory

Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 1,919 Posts

It sounds like a bug with your jb, which can occasionally happen. You'll want to restore and reJB. Try Redsn0w instead of Absinthe this time around.

Edit: If you want, think of any Cydia tweaks and apps you may have installed recently since the crashes began. There could be an app/tweak causing it, or causing conflict with something else to cause the crashes. In SBSettings, you can go through the mobilesubstrate toggles and turn them off one by one to see if the problem resolves and thus remove or cease use of the culprit. If none of them are causing the crashes and the crashes still persist, then my previous suggestion still stands.