+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Battery Life Question

is a discussion within the

iPod Touch General Chat

forums, a part of the

iPod Touch

section;
I have a 2gen iTouch running iOS 4.2.1. My battery life seems really short, i keep the brightness under 50%, i dont have bluetooth on, and when i know im
    Thanks

Default Battery Life Question
    I have a 2gen iTouch running iOS 4.2.1. My battery life seems really short, i keep the brightness under 50%, i dont have bluetooth on, and when i know im in a spot without wifi, i turn wifi off. We have wifi a school, but i turned my wifi off. My ipod was charging from last night to this morning right before i got on the bus. All i did was play a couple apps and listen to music on the bus, and by the time i get home 8 hours later, my battery is halfway drained if not about to die. Why?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

When was the last time you conditioned your battery. (Run the battery completly dead then leave on charger for 8 hours or little bit more then run dead again then charge as normal.)

Thanks

Is there anything in specific that I should do to run it dead?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

Nope just everyday normal stuff.

You could run it down fast the first time then the second one do the stuff you normally would do till dead.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Games drain battery, especially OpenGL games. (3D) Turn off Bluetooth and Wifi if you are not using them. Keep brightness lower than half if you are indoors, as there is no light interfering with the visibility.

8 hours and half drained battery is not low battery. The battery was designed to work for about 6 hours. If you want battery, get an iPad.

Thanks

Well that was snappy. Thankyou both of you, im going to condition it

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypto View Post
    Games drain battery, especially OpenGL games. (3D) Turn off Bluetooth and Wifi if you are not using them. Keep brightness lower than half if you are indoors, as there is no light interfering with the visibility.

8 hours and half drained battery is not low battery. The battery was designed to work for about 6 hours. If you want battery, get an iPad.
    ^True, I always try to manually kill the apps in the background. I heard leaving the iphone/ipod on the charger for a long time will eventually "weaken" the battery.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iGeniusness View Post
    Well that was snappy. Thankyou both of you, im going to condition it
    If that doesn't work, keep in mind that the 2G iPod is about 3 years old and the battery will just wear out. My 2gen iPod's battery lasted well until using it for a year. That's when I noticed it wasn't lasting as long.