+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do I find the server that an app is using?

is a discussion within the

iPod Touch General Chat

forums, a part of the

iPod Touch

section;
Hi, I need to know how to find out how to find the server one of my Appstore apps is using. The app is voice actions. It is knd of
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default How do I find the server that an app is using?
    Hi, I need to know how to find out how to find the server one of my Appstore apps is using. The app is voice actions. It is knd of like Siri, and I need to know what server it communicates to. How would I figure that out? Thanks a lot!

Also, I am using it as a substitue server for Spire, because there are no servers that are not full anymore and I can't wait!!!!! If anybody knows of a spire server that works, please tell me!! Then I wouldn't have to do all this!!!! Thanks again!!!!!!

Thanks

I am assuming your iPod is jailbroken. If it's not, then we'll need to approach this from a different angle.

--Run the command "netstat -f inet inet6" (without the quotes) through an SSH session or the Terminal on your iPod touch while the app in question is running. That'll display all servers the device is connected to. You'll have to filter through some background noise (any private IP addresses your device is connected to on your local network, as well as any push e-mail servers and Apple's push notification/iMessage servers) but you'll see your domain in there. If you'd prefer see IP addresses instead of domain names, run the program with an "-n" argument in there as well (i.e., "netstat -n -f inet inet6" without the quotes).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I am assuming your iPod is jailbroken. If it's not, then we'll need to approach this from a different angle.

--Run the command "netstat -f inet inet6" (without the quotes) through an SSH session or the Terminal on your iPod touch while the app in question is running. That'll display all servers the device is connected to. You'll have to filter through some background noise (any private IP addresses your device is connected to on your local network, as well as any push e-mail servers and Apple's push notification/iMessage servers) but you'll see your domain in there. If you'd prefer see IP addresses instead of domain names, run the program with an "-n" argument in there as well (i.e., "netstat -n -f inet inet6" without the quotes).
    Thank you so much!!! It is jailbroke do thanks. I will try this as soon as I can and tell you if it works. Thanks again!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default It did not work
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post

It did not work. I ran the command thru SSH and the MobileTerminal app from cydia, but it just says, "webstat command not found". Any ideas? I really need this to work. Thanks.