+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod touch 5G - Should I purchase when released? My Story.

is a discussion within the

iPod Touch General Chat

forums, a part of the

iPod Touch

section;
Alright, I've been an apple user since the first iPod touch came out. I purchased it, and then later bought the iPod touch 2G. I still have that model and
    What's Jailbreak? GoldenGridiron's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPod touch 5G - Should I purchase when released? My Story.
    Alright,

I've been an apple user since the first iPod touch came out. I purchased it, and then later bought the iPod touch 2G. I still have that model and use it quite often.

I've been wanting a Smartphone for some time right now, but my "dumb"-phone's contract doesn't expire until 2013, and I'm not quite really in the position to purchase a new one.

So, I'd basically like a device that can do what a smartphone can. Not EVERYWHERE internet speaking, since iPod can only connect via Wifi.

Will the iPod touch 5G be something worthwhile to upgrade from a 2G? I REALLY would like a camera, which the 5G will obviously have since it's 4G counterpart does.

I have enough money already to buy it, assuming it will be $199-$219.

What do you think I should do?

Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 1,075 Posts

No one can really answer your question because it isn't even out yet

Thanks

Based upon that fact that the 5G iPod will be better than the 4G, you will have something to base it on.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenGridiron View Post
    Alright,

I've been an apple user since the first iPod touch came out. I purchased it, and then later bought the iPod touch 2G. I still have that model and use it quite often.

I've been wanting a Smartphone for some time right now, but my "dumb"-phone's contract doesn't expire until 2013, and I'm not quite really in the position to purchase a new one.

So, I'd basically like a device that can do what a smartphone can. Not EVERYWHERE internet speaking, since iPod can only connect via Wifi.

Will the iPod touch 5G be something worthwhile to upgrade from a 2G? I REALLY would like a camera, which the 5G will obviously have since it's 4G counterpart does.

I have enough money already to buy it, assuming it will be $199-$219.

What do you think I should do?

Thanks.
    Compared with your 2g, it will be:

* a whole lot faster
    * probably a bit sleeker
    * much nicer, clearer display
    * able to run newer firmwares and newer software than your old one

however

*The camera will probably be crappy (even if its better than the 4g, which is pretty crappy)
    * The screen won't be as nice as an iPhone 4g
    * You may have to wait awhile (maybe months, maybe longer) for a jailbreak.

also

You'll love the screen when you're indoors or in low-light conditions, but outdoors you could be disappointed because it'll be almost useless in direct or indirect sunlight. The 2g screen is semi-transflective; in bright light you can crank the backlight down to minimum, and its still quite readable. 3g less so, and 4g not at all.

Other than that, we have no idea how much of an upgrade (over 4g) the new one will be.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to raduga For This Useful Post:

GoldenGridiron (08-06-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    Compared with your 2g, it will be:

* a whole lot faster
    * probably a bit sleeker
    * much nicer, clearer display
    * able to run newer firmwares and newer software than your old one

however

*The camera will probably be crappy (even if its better than the 4g, which is pretty crappy)
    * The screen won't be as nice as an iPhone 4g
    * You may have to wait awhile (maybe months, maybe longer) for a jailbreak.

also

You'll love the screen when you're indoors or in low-light conditions, but outdoors you could be disappointed because it'll be almost useless in direct or indirect sunlight. The 2g screen is semi-transflective; in bright light you can crank the backlight down to minimum, and its still quite readable. 3g less so, and 4g not at all.

Other than that, we have no idea how much of an upgrade (over 4g) the new one will be.

Well, I basically want one with better battery life, good screen, a CAMERA (I don't care if it's crappy), and maybe white.

I can wait a while for the Jailbreak.