Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod Touch 4G 32GB Problem?

Default iPod Touch 4G 32GB Problem?
    I'm jailbroken on 4.2.1 with greenpois0n.

Now, whenever I connect my iPod to my Windows computer via the cabel to sync/charge, the iPod touch screen just gets messed up. I'm tying to swipe pages but I have to keep swiping the screen for it to actually move. Also, when typing my passcode to access the iPod Touch while it's charging, I have to keep sliding the bar to open and keep tapping the numbers for it to register. It's extremely annoying. It's impossible for me to launch an app while it's connected too.

When I disconnect the cable, everything goes back to normal. The screen works properly.

I tried using another cable, but that doesn't seem to work.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ChSchuldiner's Avatar
    Thanks

I would do a fresh install of both iTunes and iOS.

Respring into safemode to see if a tweak is causing the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ChSchuldiner View Post
    I would do a fresh install of both iTunes and iOS.
    That's my last resort, I'm against erasing my theme that took me a long time to skin properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by teej1410 View Post
    Respring into safemode to see if a tweak is causing the problem.
    Hmm.....It's not a tweak. I tried that and plugged in the cable, however the screen was still affected. When I disconnected, the swipes were fine.

Quote Originally Posted by WelcomeToTheGoodLife View Post
    That's my last resort, I'm against erasing my theme that took me a long time to skin properly.
    Do you have Backboard, Package Backup, and know how to SSH?

Do you have Backboard, Package Backup, and know how to SSH?
    I have Backboard, and I do know how to SSH. However, I don't have Package Backup. I'm assuming you want me to get that?

Package Backup is in the Cydia Store tab thingy. (I don't know what else to call it). It's a bit pricy but it is well worth it. It can package everything the you currently have on your iPod related to jailbreaking and app store apps data. It can backs up your current springboard icon layout, your tweak preferences, it's like backboard but a lot better for a full backup. Just read the description in Cydia. If you don't want to get it that's ok but it will be a bit harder re-setting up your iPod.

Its labelled PkgBackup on Cydia, correct? Heh, only 8 bucks. Nothing to lose. Alright I'm downloading it right now. Instructions on what to do after is appreciated.

PkgBackup is correct. You need a dropbox account though to back up stuff. It's free to create an account though. After you backed up everything you want via PkgBackup. SSH in and go to /var/mobile/Library/Wynd/iSetup. That is where your backboard setup is saved. Save it on your computer or somewhere.

So now that you have saved everything, make sure you have your SHSH blob saved and restore. (I would check to make sure the problem doesn't reoccur before you jailbreak). If everything seems fine, re-jailbreak. Re-download PkgBackup and do the restore. Now it might put everything back (including your theme) but it might not. That's why I suggested to back up your backboard setup. If it doesn't, just SSH back in and put your backboard setup where it was.

PkgBackup is correct. You need a dropbox account though to back up stuff. It's free to create an account though. After you backed up everything you want via PkgBackup. SSH in and go to /var/mobile/Library/Wynd/iSetup. That is where your backboard setup is saved. Save it on your computer or somewhere.

So now that you have saved everything, make sure you have your SHSH blob saved and restore. (I would check to make sure the problem doesn't reoccur before you jailbreak). If everything seems fine, re-jailbreak. Re-download PkgBackup and do the restore. Now it might put everything back (including your theme) but it might not. That's why I suggested to back up your backboard setup. If it doesn't, just SSH back in and put your backboard setup where it was.
    Sorry for the stupid question but what exactly is an SHSH blob? Also, if I restore, wouldn't I be updated to the newest version? Is that what the SHSH Blob is, a copy of my firmware so I can restore to the exact same firmware even if it's not being signed anymore?

Sorry for being late to reply but, an SHSH blob is apples signature to allow you to downgrade. No SHSH blob = no downgrading.

Sorry for being late to reply but, an SHSH blob is apples signature to allow you to downgrade. No SHSH blob = no downgrading.
    How do I get one so I can downgrade back to 4.2.1 when I do this?

How do I get one so I can downgrade back to 4.2.1 when I do this?
    If you haven't upgraded yet, get iFaith.

If you HAVE upgraded beyond 4.2.1 already, you can't save your SHSH blobs, and you can't downgrade back to 4.2.1.

Sorry for the stupid question but what exactly is an SHSH blob? Also, if I restore, wouldn't I be updated to the newest version? Is that what the SHSH Blob is, a copy of my firmware so I can restore to the exact same firmware even if it's not being signed anymore?
    Yes, that's what it is.
    Technically, a copy of your firmware hashes SIGNED by Apple. Its not the whole 100+ mb ipsw file.
    Last edited by raduga; 08-02-2011 at 06:15 PM.

Never heard of iFaith but I use a Cydia app called SHSHit. It's free (I think)

^yeah its free
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I