Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New os for ipod/iphone

Default New os for ipod/iphone
    Note: I am not doing this im just giving an idea.
    On July 21,2010 apple released iOS 4.0 Many second gen users (like me) thought we would get multitasking and other ios4 features. but no apple denied us of all the features. So what if there was an opensource os for the second and first gen devices based on os 3.1.3 but will constantly get updated to keep these devices alive. It may sound stupid but it would work. But because it would be based of off 3.1.3 cydia could still be used and major apps would work. This is only an idea so if it starts anything great.
    Manesag

PS: I know idroid but that isnt 100% working and it still is buggy

There are reasons why apple didn't allow wallpapers and multitasking for 3rd Gen 8gb, 2G and 1G. Now I have a 2G iPod and allowed multitasking on it. It is not worth it. There is not enough RAM in the system to effectively use the feature. And the wallpapers, I enabled that too and it lags a little bit. Apple wants their devices to run efficiently and well without having problems. For the 1G not being able to go to 4.x and above, same reason. But I do think it's bull crap that apple didn't make it clear enough that the full features of iOS 4 were for newer devices only.

im with you but unless the operating system was optimized for the device then it would allow it. I have the 2g iPod and i sometimes wish i waited and got a 3rd gen