+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Multitasking on iPod touch 2G..?

is a discussion within the

iPod Touch General Chat

forums, a part of the

iPod Touch

section;
Ok so I have an iPod touch 2G on 4.2.1. I realize that apple did NOT allow for this device to have multitasking but i still want it. I've tried
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Default Multitasking on iPod touch 2G..?
    Ok so I have an iPod touch 2G on 4.2.1. I realize that apple did NOT allow for this device to have multitasking but i still want it. I've tried many methods; features, enable/fix mulitasking, enable multitasking and homescreen wallscreen.... After installing and enabling all those different ones, when I double click it still brings me to the music app rather than the multitasking bar/tray. I'm super frustrated because I HAVE enabled multitasking on my iPod before (when I jb with redsnow) but perhaps jb with greenpoison prevents multitasking...? Idk. Please help!!!!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Install and restore to whited00r firmware 3.1.3 for iPod Touch 2G.
    Last edited by Jcbzr; 07-13-2011 at 09:14 AM.
    If I helped you in any way, please click on the button!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ipodnew842 View Post
    Ok so I have an iPod touch 2G on 4.2.1. I realize that apple did NOT allow for this device to have multitasking but i still want it. I've tried many methods; features, enable/fix mulitasking, enable multitasking and homescreen wallscreen.... After installing and enabling all those different ones, when I double click it still brings me to the music app rather than the multitasking bar/tray. I'm super frustrated because I HAVE enabled multitasking on my iPod before (when I jb with redsnow) but perhaps jb with greenpoison prevents multitasking...? Idk. Please help!!!!!
    ok i have the same device and firmware. first download multifl0w and then download backgrounder you set in backgrounder to always run and to disable when you hold home button. for multiflow you set it two either cards or expose and then put it for double click home button hope it helps. now i use a vm mod so i get more ram
    manesag

Thanks
    Wait what was that about vm mod? Could you elaborate a little more?

Green Apple
    Thanks

umm its not a mod on cydia i found it on the internet. if you give me awhile ill find the website. its just a plist mod. also if you use it it will decrease the life of your memory to about 5 years. i get about 80mb of ram with nothing on. with safari and ipod on i get 30-45 mb.

here ya go i found it:
    How to PROERLY set up Virtual Memory for ANY iDevice - iFans - iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch Fans forums
    Last edited by Manesag; 07-19-2011 at 08:48 AM.

Thanks
    Wait uhhh 1: is this safe... For like the health of my iPod? And 2: rather than 5 years, how long does it usually last?

Green Apple
    Thanks

well if you have a 2g and assuming your getting a newer gen like 4th or 5th and your not gonna use it or give it to some one then it would be fine. its 100% safe but eventually around 5-15 years the main flash memory would fail because 1 it doesnt have the full speed of the regular ram and 2 it can only do 100,000 writes before failure. but it takes 5+ years before that happens but yea its fine. as long as your not running about 5 or 6 intensive apps because that will cause a lot of writing