Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Monitor texting on ipod 4

Default Monitor texting on ipod 4
    Hello,
    I was wandering if there is a program to install on my daughters ipod 4 touch that will allow me to check on texts even if they are deleted. Thanks for any info. on this.

Thanks

Well iPod touch isn't really used for txting unless u download some app or jb the device so I may be wrong but keeping track of the texts may be very difficult

Yeah. She might be using something like textfree but they would be near impossible to track. Unless of course you could get ahold of it.

Thanks for the responses, it has text free on it and Im hoping there is a way to check and make sure everything stays good. Thanks again

Best thing to do then would probably sit your daughter down and lay out your expectations for her texting and make it clear that if those are broken, serious consciences will ensue.

Twitter: @tshoults

Soo..ur asking for a keylogger?

Do not do this. I may not be a girl, but I am a teenager. Monitoring your daughter's texts is a crime, it infringes on her rights as a Citizen (provided you live in the USA). But if you are bent on getting into her account, install a key logger on her computer. Her password for text free etc is probably the same one for Facebook or other sites.
    iDevices: Lots, most jailbroken
    Computers: MPB 13" i7 mid 2011, MacBook Air "11 256GB Samsung SSD i7, 4GB RAM, both OSX 10.7.3

I'm a iPhone hacker and Twitter API master.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhsjaagshs View Post
    Do not do this. I may not be a girl, but I am a teenager. Monitoring your daughter's texts is a crime, it infringes on her rights as a Citizen (provided you live in the USA). But if you are bent on getting into her account, install a key logger on her computer. Her password for text free etc is probably the same one for Facebook or other sites.
    Lmao. As a child, your rights are very limited, as you are under your parents protection. Anyway, you shouldn't be texting anything your parents shouldn't see, right?

Anyhow, why you be necro posting?!

Twitter: @tshoults

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Well if you go onto pinger.com/textfree and log in with her account, you can see the texts even the ones she deletes.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

With textfree I believe there is an option in the app to add an email address and it will forward sent messages to that email. You just wont be able to see the ones she receives.

Why would you want to do that? Monitoring text messages is a little extreme. You must learn to trust people

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

There are really messed up people in this world who have manipulative way of swaying young teens today to do things for them. The least you want is for them to speak to them personally on a personal device, which could lead to meeting up with strangers. I'd understand why parents want to watch their kids bc honestly, kids don't know any better. Looking back on my teen years I was seriously stupid and reckless, and luckily I turned out fine and alive but I wish I would've seen then that my parents weren't being jerks. They really know better and I just didn't believe it.

Back on topic, I know a trick. She might catch on to it eventually though lol. You can actually log into her Textfree account if you have another iDevice. It will kick her off of it but you'll get into it to see existing messages. Textfree kind of has this delay so even if she clears messages, most of them will show up still when you login to the account with a different device. She might eventually start wondering why she keeps getting kicked off though...that and you'd have to know her username and password.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Sorry to bump a thread, but again, as I said above, if you know her username and password, then you can login to pinger.com/textfree and check all her texts, even the ones she deletes from her iPod.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Thanks

Ooooor go ahead n buy here a iphone